Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our first good dump of snow last night and I got a great work out as did my new Toro, 12 in. of wet heavy snow is not the greatest way to brake in a new engine but ran like a top. I need to improve on my skill a bit more. I know it takes hp to move wet snow and this bad boy has it. Did a review also here are a couple of pictures.

·
Registered
142 Posts
?..not sure it's great for break in...
Don't worry about Break-in on that engine. The Briggs is broken in fully at the factory. All you need to do is abuse vast volumes of snow with it :)

Great pics BTW! We are under a snowfall warning here...finally! Should get to use it twice to keep the snow at bay. Weeeeeeeee

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have 7 or so hrs. on the clock in 2 snow dumps. Did 2 of my neighbors as well. only blower on the block that handled the wet snow.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
after watching you, you might have sold a few of your neighbors on toro snowblowers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't worry about Break-in on that engine. The Briggs is broken in fully at the factory. All you need to do is abuse vast volumes of snow with it :)

Great pics BTW! We are under a snowfall warning here...finally! Should get to use it twice to keep the snow at bay. Weeeeeeeee
I love the abuse vast volumes of snow comment!! Hahaha

I was the photograher/videographer for Hanky! It was impressive to see this Toro not even flinch....no clogs and snow flying!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got some great snow 7 or 8 in. fairly light so got a good test here. Man does this Toro blow the snow.

Like leaving a high mark on the power poles when doing the neighbours driveways.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You call that snow? I've gone through 4 times that volume, and twice as wet with a 1028 HD with little problems. Only snowblower on the block that will shoot slush. Then again, there is no Honda on the block. Then again the Honda is twice the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts