Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! I know this thread is not specific to a snowblower but I have received so much good technical information on this site in the past I thought I'd post this and see if I can get some much needed help...

My power washer spray gun finally gave out and I need to replace it. I looking for a quality recommended replacement. I use my washer frequently for all sorts of general home, building, toy, vehicle, and shop maintenance. I’m not a commercial user, but I’d say a heavy residential user.

My pressure washer is a Simpson model ALH3228-S, 3200 PSI, Gas, cold water washer. I was just using the OEM factory spray gun that came with it and it lasted 4 years. I would like it to have a 3/8” quick connector to attach the water hose to it and also a quick connect on the end of the wand to quickly change out the nozzles.

I was hoping to just get a kit that includes the spray gun, wand, and connections all assembled and ready to go, but would consider buying each separately if necessary. I’ll pay a little more for a quality that will last.

Thank you for any feedback!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just powerwashed yesterday. Unfortunately I need better equipment too. The electric O was using would never put up with heavy use or super heavy crud.
But I inderstand the need for better spray. I will be keeping tabs on this thanks

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
you could always try saving the quick connect end off the current wand if you want to try doing it on the cheap. i ended up buying a 5000psi gun on sale and they also had certain wands on sale at the same time so i didn't get the wand i wanted but it did the job and i got it all for under $30. if you look around or wait you could get the stuff needed cheap but if you need it now you may just have to buy a wand kit. kit for the $50-70 that they go for.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
My Karcher with a Honda engine is the original, and the gun is the original.

However, I did order a new gun for my little electric Karcher, which came with hose, .... think I got it from Amazon. I got this one from my brother in law, with broken gun.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I like a wand that's a pole without the usual grip trigger shut off handle, it has a grip, and the shut off is a ball valve. It never breaks, every thing is replaceable, your hand doesn't get tired squeezing but then again I power wash houses. I have 2 electric power washers, 3-5 5hp, 1 8hp, 1 11hp, 2 12hp, 1 13hp.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
While there is a lot to be said for purchasing 'quality brand name' products, it is not a guarantee that you will not get stuck with the odd manufacturing dud. I would recommend picking up a cheap replacement to use while you search for 'something better', and to serve as a backup. I would also recommend getting a spray gun and accessories with pressure ratings well in excess of your pump unit.

Something like this should serve that purpose:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was in a similar situation recently and bought a Kranzle. The model for me was HD 7/122 and I don’t doubt it will be the last pressure washer I will need to buy. The Karchers I looked at were junk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts