Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I slow it down? There’s a tab with a spring attached. Do I bend it to lessen the spring tightness? So far that hasn’t worked. Carb has been totally rebuilt. Think this thing is cursed. It screams for awhile, gets hot and shuts off.
Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Yea, bend that tab tighter for faster and looser for slower. I think those Toro 2 strokes were designed to spin around 4400 rpm. If you put your model and serial numbers into the Toro site you should be able to get the spec sheet with the engine speeds. I did that for one I fixed. It could be the air vane is damaged on yours.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well darn. Turns out that the bent rod (looks like what connects the choke on an old S200) is missing. Bet that explains why it runs so fast. Anybody know what the part is called and where I could get one? Then there’s me trying to figure out how to install it… Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
have you check parts tree or repair clinic for the piece you are missing

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keeping my fingers crossed, but I took pictures before removing the carb. Finally checked them (duh). The place that rebuilt the carb put the spring in the wrong hole, so I put the linkage arm in the wrong spot too - and I found the linkage hiding in there, still attached at one end. Going to take the carb off and reverse where the spring and linkage hook up. Hope it works. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That worked. Runs fine - but it leaks. In addition to the gas inlet, there are 2 open tubes on the carb. The top one has a flare & the primer line fits it. There’s another small one right behind the fuel line that I never noticed before. It leaks. All diagrams I’ve found don’t show either. What to do? I’d like to send it home with my son tomorrow. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts