Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Powershift 1132 for sale near me. Pictures look in good condition, but the seller said "needs carb work, leaks gas". I know that isn't much to go by, but is that a sign of bigger problems? I recently cut my teeth rebuilding the carb on my 1971 Simplicity rototiller, so I have some (but VERY little) experience rebuilding carbs.

My other fear is the added complexity of a gear driven transmission (as opposed to friction wheel). Is there a "lifespan" on the peerless that I should consider? For instance, are they only good for 400 hours then need rebuilds?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Personally I would have no issues grabbing a machine with gas leak / carb issues. I don't have near the experience that some of the folks on this forum do, but I have cleaned and rebuilt a couple dozen OPE carbs. It is straightforward work. I'll leave comments about the transmission to the experts here.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
There is a Powershift 1132 for sale near me. Pictures look in good condition, but the seller said "needs carb work, leaks gas". I know that isn't much to go by, but is that a sign of bigger problems? I recently cut my teeth rebuilding the carb on my 1971 Simplicity rototiller, so I have some (but VERY little) experience rebuilding carbs.

My other fear is the added complexity of a gear driven transmission (as opposed to friction wheel). Is there a "lifespan" on the peerless that I should consider? For instance, are they only good for 400 hours then need rebuilds?
If you should get it I will help with all your questions and other things that may arise.:eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
without a doubt, one of the all time best blowers. I've got an 1132, three 824's and a 6 24...all are for sale but the 1132. Carbs are a piece of cake...order a new one from ebay. Trannys can be a problem if they sit for years and get rusty inside, but it isn't impossible to dismantle and clean and regrease.....one of our members Sblg43 has a three part video that is priceless on how to do....I've done a half dozen and think I'm starting to get the hang LOL......

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
most carb problems I have had have been easy cleaning out inframe without rebuilding. the leak is probably the O ring around where the bowl seats. the carb would not be a worry.

or if necessary can replace with a chinese carb like mentioned. so far they have worked well for me.

check out donyboy73 video on you tube on what to look for in a used snowblower.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
without a doubt, one of the all time best blowers. I've got an 1132, three 824's and a 6 24...all are for sale but the 1132. Carbs are a piece of cake...order a new one from ebay. Trannys can be a problem if they sit for years and get rusty inside, but it isn't impossible to dismantle and clean and regrease.....one of our members Sblg43 has a three part video that is priceless on how to do....I've done a half dozen and think I'm starting to get the hang LOL......
I assume a 1028 ranks fairly high also?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts