Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Before puling the trigger on it I'd check to see if parts are still available for that powershift unit. I also think the price is high but I'm cheap.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
First off why he's selling? And so you know it's a very big machine. Not convenient for walkways and such. Smaller width machines although need more passes are easier to handle. That's not the deal of the century.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Before puling the trigger on it I'd check to see if parts are still available for that powershift unit. I also think the price is high but I'm cheap.
Parts are still available 4 The POWERSHIFTS. I spent 500 bucks alone for the Paint Job on "JR". All total now I have in the Hood 3500.00 Bucks Invested in him. :eek:mg::emoticon-south-park

·
Read Only
871 Posts
1990 machine, priced to high, why was the throttle mod'ed ,32 inches wide, to wide for a house use,lots of parts are now NLA.
i would pass even with how much i like them for being a snow blower bull dog mack.

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
The Skids on That 1 are now NLA. you would have to put the updated side panels on it. to replace the skids. those panels are 100.00 bucks a pop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so it sounds like it's worth a look but may "haggle" on the price - spoke w/seller yesterday - said he replaced the throttle because the original would move down as the machine was being used and he couldn't reach it easily to get it back up to speed. plus something was worn (?) in how the throttle operates
I've got some long 8 ft wide sidewalks to do so I'm thinking this might be the way to go, my old Ariens do a good job but ride up on some of the snow, the power shift 828 didn't seem to do that
stay tuned
thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I think the Powershift is one of the best blowers of all time....that said, they are worth more for parts many times cause of the NLA parts. For some reason, they don't bring a big price in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
may get a test tomorrow as the area is supposed to get 1-4 inches of snow - I am having the seller take off the plastic as I have a cap on my truck and it won't fit as is, I also think I dress well enough that I don't need the extra protection

·
Registered
62 Posts
Who ever owned it took good care of it. You can immedately tell a difference from those who give a poop about their equipment to those who dont. My only gripe with that machine is I've never been a fan of that style B&S engine, I would of much rather it have a tecumseh. They just seem finiky and not as stright forward as the Tecums. But if youve purchased the machine and it runs great, hey what the heck. Enjoy it those Powershifts are a beast, I've owned about 6 of them various sizes, 24-28"

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
may get a test tomorrow as the area is supposed to get 1-4 inches of snow - I am having the seller take off the plastic as I have a cap on my truck and it won't fit as is, I also think I dress well enough that I don't need the extra protection
So, how's that beast working out for you ??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts