Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Hemi headed 212 to mount on my Toro 826xle that had previously had a Tecumseh 8 snow king.

I’ve built a linkage cover out of aluminum, removed the airfilter and purchased an adjustable needle from a member.

I’m looking for a modification to introduce warm air from the muffler housing into the carb box.

First post, this looks like a helpful site full of good information. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I've been using a Harbor Freight 6.5 hp Chondra for 15 years or more on an Ariens ST 824. I've only had icing up of my governor once in all that time. I took out the element in the air filter, and just two years ago put in an adjustable main jet....before that I ran it on part choke with no problems.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to SBF Backtroller

I know there has been a lot of Predator re-powers so someone should have some ideas and hopefully photos to help you out.

·
Registered
230 Posts
honestly its not even necessary. ive never had an issue with any of the repowered machines ive sold and used icing up and it never happened on my big 420cc predator. if you really feel you need it thought the shrouding for the hss724 is supposedly a near direct fit

·
Registered
86 Posts
I re powered mr Ariens 10000, with a Tec 8 HP last summer with a Predator 212. Like you I removed the air filter cartridge, and added an adjustable main jet. No other modifications. I used it all last winter, where I live in Vermont, and had no icing, or other problems with the carb. You will be fine with the set-up you have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the responses. This has been a fun project and I will see how it runs with the adjustable carb. I’m kind of excited to see how it runs, but I’m in no hurry for winter!

I bought this blower cheap on cl. I already have a Honda 520 and HS928TA, but I like the shoot on the toro and how easily I can move the unit around. The track driven Honda is powerful but it’s a bear to turn and move around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I worked on this unit today. I did both, adjustable jet and hot air intake. I figure it can’t hurt. It runs much smoother now. I guess I’ll see when it’s zero out. Also added a drainzit after I leaked breakin in oil all over.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts