Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual for my new Harbor Freight 212cc calls out to "check deposit cup" before each start. I looked high and low and for the life of me, I have no idea what a deposit cup is. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
279 Posts
Only thing I can think of is the fuel screen in the tank

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only thing I can think of is the fuel screen in the tank
Yeah, I thought that at first. But that is called the "fuel tank strainer" and is called out in the maintenance to be checked every year. These are the things they list as checking before each use.
1. Brush off outside engine
2. Check engine oil level
3. Check Air Cleaner
4. Check deposit cup.

·
Retired Moderator
4,184 Posts
The deposit cup is a secondary bowl on the bottom of the carb. There is the large main bowl, but between that and the fuel inlet is the deposit cup. I think it is there to catch any dirt before it makes it to the main carb.

I found this picture of a Honda carb showing the deposit cup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Page 15 of the manual shows a "Sediment Cup(some engines)" near the fuel bowl. That's probably what they are referring to.
That is probably it. I WON'T be checking that every time I start the engine, that is for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.. Yes I am one of those RTFM guys and reading the 212CC Manual I also encountered the mysterious "Check Deposit Cup"... Like here:

After a LOT of searching I found this from a Lifan (A similar clone) manual:

So, that is a small separate cup that in right at the fuel inlet and catches "deposits" that, I suppose, have been deposited there.

BUT the HF 212CC engine I just bought looks like this in that area:

The red mark is where the "Deposit Cup" would be if it HAD a deposit cup like the Lifan. But it don't..

It looks like the main thing that WAS copied from Honda / Lifan was a page of the MANUAL.....

I DO drain the fuel with the angled drain plug a couple times a year. SoFarSoGood on 2 13HP and 3 6.5HP I have running...

Hope this will be found with a search for the Next Guy....

Regards, terry at terryking dot us

·
Registered
2,366 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
The manual for my new Harbor Freight 212cc calls out to "check deposit cup" before each start. I looked high and low and for the life of me, I have no idea what a deposit cup is. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Bryan
Its a sediment bowl. All honda's and clone carbs have them. I would just leave it alone, I opened one once, it was clean and I broke it putting it back on. More headache bothering with it, than leaving it alone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts