Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do the Predator 212cc engine swap on my Troy Bilt Storm 2410. I know the engine runs lean in the winter. Has anyone used the mega jet kit in their engine? Also what jet would I most likely need in order to get the engine winter cold ready?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I just slightly enlarged my stock main jet. Why spend extra money? I used super floss and polishing compound and I cleaned it out with carburetor cleaner when I was done. It runs great no matter how cold it gets now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does location make any difference in the carb jetting size? I live in NY and was going to set the carb up for winter running.

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
Temperature and altitude affect the jet size needed so yes, location does matter.

·
Registered
756 Posts
its a little difficult to make jet setting adjustments this time of year. You could wait until it gets cold and then try enlarging the jet a little at at time or you can run the engine with the choke engaged slightly.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
its a little difficult to make jet setting adjustments this time of year. You could wait until it gets cold and then try enlarging the jet a little at at time or you can run the engine with the choke engaged slightly.
That is exactly what I did. I noticed the engine would surfe a bit when I ran it at 25 degrees Fahrenheit. I slightly enlarged the jet and cleaned it out and then it ran great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts