Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
don't know why but i've been looking at the 301 and 420 motors, too bad hey dropped the 11hp motor

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been researching the deals on these engines recently. Everyone should read the fine print right on the 20% coupon. It specifically excludes the Predator engines among other items from being used with the coupon and paired with other discounts. I tried using the 20% coupon online against the $119.99 price and it does seem to take it but it won't let you start with the $99.99 discounted price. The stores may be different but I think what is happening is that these engines have gotten really popular and they are now training their staff better on how to handle the coupons.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've been researching the deals on these engines recently. Read the fine print right on the 20% coupon. It specifically excludes the Predator engines among other items from being used with the coupon and paired with other discounts. I tried using the 20% coupon online against the $119.99 price and it does seem to take it but it won't let you start with the $99.99 discounted price. The stores may be different but I think what is happening is that these engines have gotten really popular and they are now training their staff better on how to handle the coupons.
Yes, the fine print gets you every time. Sale price or 20% off but never both at Harbor Freight.

Now if Bed, Bath and Beyond sold Predator motor they always give you 20% coupon even when the item is excluded. I bought a Dyson Animal vacuum that was on sale and they also took off another 20% when I presented their ever present 20% off coupon. :cool:.

·
Registered
657 Posts
This subject has been rehashed so many times here it's like a broken record or a skipping CD. They usually DO take the coupon. Recently they have a coupon code on the sale flyer price coupon which would mean no second coupon code but if it's a sale price with no code on it they most likely will take it anyway. Just present it and say nothing. Your chances are VERY good that they make take it. Of course, there is always the chance of not but it's a slight chance only and it's worth a shot trying UNLESS you see the ad already has a coupon code printed under the price.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This subject has been rehashed so many times here it's like a broken record or a skipping CD. They usually DO take the coupon. Recently they have a coupon code on the sale flyer price coupon which would mean no second coupon code but if it's a sale price with no code on it they most likely will take it anyway. Just present it and say nothing. Your chances are VERY good that they make take it. Of course, there is always the chance of not but it's a slight chance only and it's worth a shot trying UNLESS you see the ad already has a coupon code printed under the price.
It must be your store that is kind and generous. I have two Harbor Freight stores I shop at and neither will accept a 20% coupon on sale priced item. Happy for you. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
It must be your store that is kind and generous. I have two Harbor Freight stores I shop at and neither will accept a 20% coupon on sale priced item. Happy for you. :)
OK maybe it varies by location..could be. I have done it twice, once with 212cc at Salem NH and once with my 301cc at Medford MA , and Danvers MA does it too. I would still try it , speak to manager or something maybe it's the clerk, worth a try anyhow. Or maybe it's just good luck, but I'm usually not having luck so scratching my head on that one :confused:

·
Registered
184 Posts
OK maybe it varies by location..could be. I have done it twice, once with 212cc at Salem NH and once with my 301cc at Medford MA , and Danvers MA does it too. I would still try it , speak to manager or something maybe it's the clerk, worth a try anyhow. Or maybe it's just good luck, but I'm usually not having luck so scratching my head on that one :confused:
Enjoy the good will you receive. I can only tell you what happens when I bring a sale priced item and pull out a 20% coupon. It is not how "sleuthy" I am, it is simply a cash register person who politely tells me one or the other, but not both.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Evidently some do, and some don't. Doesn't hurt to try. You might just get it, the most they can say is no.

Now, how's the snow blowing going?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have found that if it is a item on sale but not a super coupon that in most cases they will honor the 20% coupon. I have purchased engines online that were on sale but not a super coupon and used the 20% off coupon. Buying online they only charge 6.95 shipping and in a lot of states do not charge sales tax.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Last Sunday at closing, I tried the 20% coupon I printed from slickdeals dot net (which just dropped the 25%off coupons I used to use all the time) and they pointed out the Predator fine print.

However If I bought the extended warranty, they would honor the coupon. So I did. I think if you return an item with your extended warranty, they won't take off a restocking fee. Not sure if that applies to Predators.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update or FYI: Tried 20% coupon at Natick, MA store over the weekend with Predator engine at $99.99 weekend Parking Lot Sale price. No go.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It's strange, the coupons I have found say not elegible for Predator powered equipment (or somethig similar, I don't have one in front of me to quote) but I know it didn't say "Predator Engines" and I have done this twice not having been turned away.

Could be discresion of the store, I am not sure, but two stores I have done it at (one in MA and one NH , had to drive further to find the 301) both honored the coupon while on sale.

I did notice that last time the 212cc went on sale the actual ad sale price had a coupon code so in that case I would not expect them to be honoring two codes at one time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think what is happening is that these engines have gotten really popular and they are now training their staff better on how to handle the coupons.
I'm also into vintage Mini Bikes and recently I went to a Mini Bike/Go cart swap meet and I couldn't believe all the Predator engines for sale by engine builders. One vendor had 40 modified Predator engines on display.
I use only vintage Tecumseh and Briggs engines to keep my bikes period correct but for every Mini bike that has a period correct engine there are 10 with Predator engines.

Jerry...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Is anybody finding the hemispherical (hemi) head these days?
I have not seen one of those "Hemis" yet but I'll keep my eyes open. Sometimes I get bored and take a ride down just for a few small items.

Last week I bought a compression tester with brass fittings. Seems to be pretty good except for the orings on the fittings, whick I may just replace with nylon washers. It was 35 bucks , on sale for 22 and change, and then 20% off took it down to 17 and change. Again, I'm only going to use this couple times a year so not worried about shop-durability. It seems decent though, I'm actually surprised but the materials quality other than the mentioned orings.

The Hemi would probably be something a go-karter would chase after ;-)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts