Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for my first blower, a smaller 2 stage preferably, and came across this. It looks clean in the pictures but $395 seems really steep for a used 21" machine. If it's in good condition, what's a fair price?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
way over priced for my area

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
Not that anyone would do it to you but it's always a good idea to cut and past the picture and description and not use the link just in case some poor excuse of a member sees it and beats you to it. Just sayin' :facepalm_zpsdj194qh:facepalm_zpsdj194qh

It looks to be in excellent shape but it does seem high for a 521 even in that condition. You can get a brand new, with warranty 724 for 750.
I'm thinking more 200-250 if it really is clean and in great shape.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Buck and a half. That'd be the most I'd pay but I'm cheap.
It does look to be a pretty clean machine. Maybe 2 bills but certainly no more. But, somebody's gonna buy it.
I paid $150 for mine about 3 years ago. Pretty clean but not like this one.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Michael...

A few days ago a very well kept 521 sold at auction for 205 (plus buyers premium & tax) in Fort Collins.

The one you're asking about has been listed for over 2 weeks, so obviously everyone else thinks it's overpriced also.
The 5hp 22" older Ariens I mentioned in your other thread is still available as of today.

If you have your heart set on a 521, make an offer you're comfortable with and see what happens.
If you pay more than others think it's worth, who cares ! You'll soon forget about what you paid and you'll be glad you have it.
On a side note, the 10 day forecast call for temps in the 50's each day, so there is no rush and a 521 shows up every other day it seems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think in my area this would sell easily for over $350 once the winter sets in. Older single stage Toro's sell for up to $500 in the peak of the winter. Mind you this is all in Canadian $$.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
around here that kind of money can get you an 824

1 - 12 of 12 Posts