Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a single stage, tractor mounted blower that i got with a dynamark tractor and in inspecting it i found that the chain side of the auger will move up and down about a half inch as if the bearing is bad.

so i take it off the tractor and pull the 2 bolts(1 on each end of the auger shaft) out and angle the auger out a bit so i can pull the chain off and remove the auger from the housing.

i then remove the 6 bolts holding the sprocket on and the 3 holding the other side bearing holder off and remove the bearings

well i found out that they are round wood bearings with a hole for the shaft to go thru and one is grooved pretty good around the outside which means it was freespining and wobbled a bit causing it to bore the shaft hole a bit out of round allowing the shaft too much play

i am having problems finding any info on this blower as there is no tags or labels on it cept one with a number that produces no results when searched HMN 03195-36

it is however very similar to craftsman 842260063 and when i look up the parts on sears site 95% are no longer avail (of course)
it is the part number 12 (bearing 9052) at
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/All-Products-Parts/Model-842260063/0247/1500650/00014446/00002?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=842260063

but i cannot find it anywhere as well i cant find a manual for it either
I know im not the only one with a blower like this , I CANT BE!!
does anyone have any info on my blower or have one that is the same if even a diff make that i could get a copy of a manual or ask about

thanks and sorry for being long winded but too much info is better than too little lol

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S. if by chance anyone has this type and has converted to seald or greasable reg bearings could you please show me how and what you did thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Wooden bearings

Worst case, if you don't find something available then check for a wood turner in your area. You can probably have something custom turned for your situation if needed.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts