Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the Mountaineering Edition early summer of 21. Had it delivered April of this year. Unfortunately, no snow since, so I get to look at this magnificent beast sitting in my garage. Had fired it up a few times to show some friends. Tried to fire it up again, and it wouldn’t start, and no initial “click” from the fuel pump. Needless to say, I loaded it up and took it back to the dealer. He had is for a few weeks, and I got it back. The dealer found a bunch of metal shavings in the gas tank and a trashed fuel pump from the shavings. He cleaned the tank and put in a new fuel pump. Runs fine now. So sad to see QA has gone down. This should have never left the factory in this condition. Had to be leftover shavings from the manufacturing process.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Sadly, craftsmanship sometimes is lacking in the current mass production society we are in these days ..... Luckily it was a quick remedy under warranty ....

·
Registered
709 Posts
I understand it is fixed but I would take the time to contact Ariens and tell them about the issue. If customers don't speak up they won't know. Cost of bad quality eats into their profit margin and money talks

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ordered the Mountaineering Edition early summer of 21. Had it delivered April of this year. Unfortunately, no snow since, so I get to look at this magnificent beast sitting in my garage. Had fired it up a few times to show some friends. Tried to fire it up again, and it wouldn’t start, and no initial “click” from the fuel pump. Needless to say, I loaded it up and took it back to the dealer. He had is for a few weeks, and I got it back. The dealer found a bunch of metal shavings in the gas tank and a trashed fuel pump from the shavings. He cleaned the tank and put in a new fuel pump. Runs fine now. So sad to see QA has gone down. This should have never left the factory in this condition. Had to be leftover shavings from the manufacturing process.
There isn't a major manufacturer that does 100% inspection on every assembled unit. The time and cost make it prohibitive. When I was a quality inspector for a major atv- snowmobile manufacturer we would pull a few random units per shift and do a full 100% inspection. Another thing to remember is the engines are assembled in China and installed on the assembly line. So before you complain about the "lack of QA" learn about the actual process.

·
Registered
709 Posts
There isn't a major manufacturer that does 100% inspection on every assembled unit. The time and cost make it prohibitive. When I was a quality inspector for a major atv- snowmobile manufacturer we would pull a few random units per shift and do a full 100% inspection. Another thing to remember is the engines are assembled in China and installed on the assembly line. So before you complain about the "lack of QA" learn about the actual process.
What did you do when you started finding out that your process was out of control. Did you inspect more or less? What if the part was purchased did you pull all stock and do a 100 percent inspection or ask the vendor to see his inspection records? A manufacturer needs to hear from the customer. The customer is King 👑

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am fully aware how QA//QC works. Still, a gas tank should never leave the factory full of metal shavings.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I am fully aware how QA//QC works. Still, a gas tank should never leave the factory full of metal shavings.
It shouldn't no.

But people are people and I'm sure you've met many that weren't necessarily great at their job. And I'm sure you've met some that were great but had off days.
That goes for Americans just as much as anywhere else.

Let's ask why there's no strainer or filter before the fuel pump.............
Metal shavings shouldn't even matter in the tank. Debris end up in there during filling etc just by the nature of things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts