Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Every year, the frame under the motor of my 926LE is becoming a little oily and some oil is coming inside the gearbox casing to contaminate the friction disk. Normally, one time during winter, I have to open the bottom casing to clean the friction disk and plate because the snowblower hesitate to drive. Do someone have a trick to protect the friction disk against oil ? The motor doesn't seems to have any leak

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Oil must be coming from somewhere. I wonder if some is seeping out of the oil plugs on the crank case?

·
Super Moderator
9,888 Posts
Show and tell. If it works for water it might also help with oil but I'd try to find the source. What are you using to clean the friction wheel ??

·
Registered
208 Posts
Based on what little you gave us: 926LE = 926101 (926LE) - Ariens 26" Snow Blower, 9hp Tecumseh (SN: 000101 - 002691) = Tecumseh LH318SA-156582H which is a Tecumseh flat head engine.

These engines can and often do drip oil out the breather tube on the side of the block below the carburetor. It will drip onto the deck and drip into the body of the blower. You can keep an eye on the area on that side of the blower and see if you are getting oil dripping there. If so, you can replace the inner filter in the breather assembly or extend the tube so that the oil drips on the ground.

There are some old threads discussing oil coming from the breather. Might want to search a bit.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts