Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I retired, I bought and rebuilt quite a few blowers especially the old Murray built Craftsmans with the gear transmissions. I cherry picked parts and built a couple of special 5 HP Craftsman blowers for the day my kids bought a house. Well that day has finally come with my youngest. She and her fiance just bought a house and she asked if I had an extra blower (which I'm pretty sure she knew I did). It's big enough to move what snow I expect they'll get but small enough she should be able to handle it (actually I think she's more mechanically inclined than her fiance). I made sure that the blowers had electric starters for the girls so they could start them as needed on their own.
Even though I'd built this one over 5 years ago, did a little carb work and put a tube in one of the tires then gased it up and it fired right up first time and ran it around the yard without a problem (I think the neighbors thought I was crazy).
This daughter was the one when little that would spend time with me in the shop and tinker on things with Dad so I know it's going to a good home.
Just thought I'd do a little bragging about myn youngest daughter.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the more things you show your kids the better off thy will be... im an auto mech by tade.. 3 kids. 1boy 2 girls.. and they all come with me to work on our own vehicules from time to time.. are they going to be mechanics later on?? probably not.. are they learning? absolutely!!! well done :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Your a good dad for sure. I did the same for my Son, I gave him my best blower I had at the time my Airens Compact 24. He's used it once but when the big one hits and it will, he will thank me that night. Ya, I got another Compact 24, for myself again LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts