Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 27" /12.24 Pulan Pro Sbowblower Im having issues with!

Today I pulled it out of shed to fire it up As I have done a few times during the summer months with no problem .... Today I noticed a rip in the primer .. So I went out to a local repair shop and grabbed a new one... Put it on and no luck ... After a few attempts It did fire up but extremely low rpm ... It did that a couple times and then would not restart again ... There is fuel in the bowl, and when i push primer i see gas spirting.... It started to rain so i moved the blower back into my shed and noticed quite abit of gas dripping out ( looked like it was coming from where the carb mounts to engine but not 100% As poor lighting) I thought maybe it was just fuel coming out of the bowl from being tipped to go up the ramp to the shed but it continued to run until i shut off the fuel stop.....

Tomorrow I plan on trying to clean the carb and would like any tips or advice available..... I always use supreme fuel and always add a little seafoam to each tank ..... I hoping it just a stuck float or plugged jet .... Also any tips on the proper needle valve settings would be great ! I bought the blower used about 3 years ago .... I always thought it ran at low rpm but it always worked well for me .... The oil isnt even dirty !

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
hello jasond, welcome to SBF!! try cleaning the carb and add a little extra seafoam to your gas. I'm hoping its just a stuck float though

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Might also try gently tapping on the bowl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey All thanks for the welcome> These forum sites are great and the advice from knowledgeable people in a great resource for may people.... Anyway i solved the problem pretty quickly today ... I took off the covers to expose the carb and found the High Idle lever was detached from the arm , Therefore acting as staying off ... Must have been just slightly cracked to allow enough fuel to barely idle.... Anyway was a quick fix and while at it game the carb a cleaning , Lubricated all my cables , and tested it al out ! Good to go for another few years I hope >>> Still amazed at how clean the oil is in this machine ..... Let it snoiw Let it snow let it snow !!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts