Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted my brief story in the new member intro section. I'm looking for a mint 726te/6000 powermax blower. I'm a dyed in the wool two stroke guy and from everything I've read, the 725/6000 is one of the best 2 stokes ever made. I'm fortunate enough to own one of the last Toro 2 stroke Pro Recycler walk behind lawn mowers. It has the Suzuki 125cc motor and should outlive me by many years. Does anyone know where a secret NOS might be hiding or where I might find a really clean used one. I'm a real Toro fan, partially because parts are readily available and I've had really good luck with them. If there's another brand that's equal or better feel free to direct me that way. Thanks for the help in advance!
Charles

·
Registered
950 Posts
Neat/unique machines and they were rare even back in 04-06 ish during the production period. At least up here in NJ.

If you find a NOS machine post some pics would love to see it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a bump for good luck. I found one in Michigan in excellent condition posted 7 days ago and it was already gone.:frown: I'm confident I'll find one, but everyone please keep they're eyes peeled for me please. Thanks

Charles

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
have you done a wide search on searchtempest

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw this on Craiglist Philadelphia.
Doesn't say the model number.

Toro Snow Blower $750
Toro Snow Blower
It says 9hp where the 726/6000 claimed 7hp, but I'll get in touch with the seller either way. Thanks for looking out for me.

have you done a wide search on searchtempest
I wasn't even aware of that, but I'll start checking there. I'd like to get one now(love my toys):)
but I don't actually NEED it until next season. Thanks much!

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
that's like a 724ox that mike found and it is not a 9hp motor its 9tq if you read the pic. 205cc & 9ft lbs gross torque so we know it isn't a toro 6000 / 726te

Reactions: knu2xs

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still out here looking for a 726/6000. If anyone catches the scent of one please let me know. Thanks!
Charles

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this one is back on CL and I think he lowered the price, no pic though

Toro Power Max 6000 Snow Blower Excellent Running Condition

I keep finding that one for sale and I can't remember who all I've called and every time I call he tells me that one sold fast, but he still has other models for sale. Not really rude, but short and a little gruff :happy:. I've got a couple of buddies in Mich that'd be glad to go get it, but I don't know where they are relative to him. If it's really NOT for sale anymore, I wish he'd take the ad down.

Charles

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
looking at the map it is in the 12 mile rd. 13 mile rd and ryan area in warren, mi. that is not too far from where i picked up the 624 powershift

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just talked to him AGAIN. It's the same one. He says it's long gone. The ad says it was posted 26 days ago, so I guess I just have to start paying attention to the ads I see. This critter is proving elusive, but I feel confident one will turn up over the next six months or so.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
Just talked to him AGAIN. It's the same one. He says it's long gone. The ad says it was posted 26 days ago, so I guess I just have to start paying attention to the ads I see. This critter is proving elusive, but I feel confident one will turn up over the next six months or so.
i'll keep an eye out for you

Reactions: crammit442

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'll keep an eye out for you

I'd really appreciate that! I've looked for parts like this before where it doesn't seem like I'll ever find one and I realize a few months later that I've ended up buying 3 or 4. Anything connected to hobbies (especially gas powered ones) seems to work like that. You're searching for that holy grail part and it's like there are NO MORE of them and you're out in the shop one day and discover you've got 2 more of them than you need.........at least that's the way it always seems to happen around here......:dizzy:

Charles

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump for good luck! Still looking for the elusive 726/6000. Going to NJ mid April so it would be awesome to find one in the next few weeks. Thanks to everybody for keeping a look out for me!
Charles

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
;);)
I'm not sure why, but that guy has had that listed for over 2 months. I've called so many different leads that sometimes I forget who I've called. I must have called him 4 times now by accident and he's told me every time that it sold a couple of days after he posted the ad. I wish he'd take the ad down so I'll stop calling him:smiley-confused013: The only thing that's stopped me from calling him more times is that I'm starting to recognize the name "Kelly". I appreciate the heads up anyway, though. Pretty soon I'm gonna have to start posting in the Toro section and begging for someone who owns one to sell it to me;).
Charles

1 - 20 of 40 Posts