Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. We have a BRAND NEW toro snow broom at work that keeps breaking shear bolts. I looked them up and this is the part number : https://www.amazon.com/GENUINE-OEM-TORO-PARTS-SCREW-HH/dp/B0195UHOKE

Question is, can I use a grade 5 bolt? Normally I wouldn't ask but the side that isn't braking has a grade 5 bolt that was installed at the shop (has the 3 / marks on the head). The side that breaks is the side I have replaced with a standard 5/16" shear bolt from the hardware store.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
what does the factory recommend? On other brands, a grade five bolt means a new gearbox........the Toros I don't know...for years they didn't have shearpins.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does the factory recommend? On other brands, a grade five bolt means a new gearbox........the Toros I don't know...for years they didn't have shearpins.
I read the manual and it doesnt say. Parts diagram shows that part I listed.

It caught me off guard when I looked under it and found the grade 5 on the other side.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called toro and they couldn't ID the grade other than "yes that's the correct PN". I called the local shop that sold it to us and they were no help either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts