Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any 1 Here built a Raised Bed??????? I am going to have to travel down this road. because this year all those BLOODY FREAKING Weed seeds invaded the Iris plot and I am steaming mad about that. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I am thinking aboot going the stone they use for like say retaining walls. because the wood board style is kinda boring 4 me. so my question is how do you lock them all in place?????? thinking of going 3-5 high 4 that. Who knows maybe OLD JOE will show his mug here in the PARADISE CITY and lend a helping hand 4 this UNDERTAKING. :icon_whistling::icon_whistling: I am sure some of youse here has done this 4 the wifey.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I'm supposed to be up there at the end of August for a few weeks. Brother is finally getting around to updating their tired, old kitchen. Maybe I can get over your way then, Todd.
I like the stone idea. I do believe most retaining wall stones have a lip that locks them together.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
big a$S tubes of PL premium adhesive is how we usually glued retaining wall bricks together. depending on how tall we would go we would even add some geo grid to lock it into the hill every so many layers to lock it into the hill. with planter box i would maybe ad some geogrid on the bottom row in the middle to keep it from bowing out in the center since locking a brick planter together may be harder than a wooden one. hopefully if you keep the bottom row straight the top ones will be less likely to bow out. the brick ones are also more of a pain because you need a nearly perfectly flat base or it makes laying the bricks a pain. wooden above ground planters can be more forgiving since you can just dig high spots deeper or fill in low spots or it is not even that big of a deal. water will wash dirt into any low spots. you just have to level them or slope them with the terrain depending what you want. i recently redid some for someone. really doesn't take that much work out of work. usually about 1/2 day per box for the larger ones but they are not super tall.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts