Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our first snowstorm this past weekend and was able to use the new machine for the first time. What a beast! One thing I noticed is that it was pulling to the right quite a bit.

I went back inside to check and readjust the skid shoes to 1/4 inch and realigned the housing just to be sure. That is when I noticed the bracket on the right side that holds down the smaller wheel on the track system. It is bent to the left (see pictures). I put it up in the service position and also noticed more play on the right wheel than on the left.

Can anyone with a RapidTrak see if they have the same issue? I went to the local dealer and check a machine out that they had, and it seemed to be flush on both sides. The dealer cannot guarantee me that the warranty will cover it. They also suggested that poly skid shoes may help the issue. Any help/thought are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is exactly the same. I was concerned about it when I first bought the machine. But another Rapidtrak on my dealers showroom was the same. I saw a YouTube video review of a Rapidtrak and noticed the right side bracket on that machine was skewed to the left too. I loosened the nut on the bar and tried to push the bracket over, but it moves back to the original position.

Mine seems to track straight though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Same here, noticed it and was concerned, but it goes dead straight. Andif you look at it the bracket, it shouldn’t affect the squareness of the tracks anyways. The rear wheels are fixed distance apart. I would check the skid setup again for the pulling

·
Registered
174 Posts
My right bracket is not skewed that way. Looking online at a review video also shows both sides square. Whether this is normal or not, the bottom line is if you have a new machine, under warranty, the dealer shouldn't even question making it right if it's pulling to the right. My dealer would come and pick the machine up in a heartbeat if I told them something wasn't aligned properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts