Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a guy here with a older ariens I would say around 1967, that he found by the road for free last year. It had a very bad blower housing with a detonated power head. and had been hit with a plow so he said it was junk.
The tractor portion looked like brand new as did the engine. He couldnt find a housing and did not want to just scrap it so he found a small tractor blade for $15.00 that is 34" wide that he made brackets out of the old housing and mounted it to the tractor, it pivots and looks nice .
He now uses this to clear his drive when it is just a few inches , and when he gets it rolled/ pushed to the sides , he uses his big 32" Ariens to heave it using 1 pass each direction and done. He said that opposed to spending 1-1 1/2 hrs he can wrap up his drive in less than 20 min. It does have chains that were on it when he picked it up.
Oh the problem today was a bad spark plug boot cap.

So If you have a old whatever that does not have a good housing etc.but good tractor, it could be brought back to life as a snowblower helper.

The nice part the way he did it if he finds a intact blower housing in good shape it can be installed in just a few minutes with absolutely no changes as he altered nothing on the tractor portion.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've thought of making a powered wheel barrel out of an old machine more than once. Say an old 10,000 series and a 55 gallon metal drum and weld the bucket and barrel together, couple castors/wheels on the sides. Voila.

I've also considered taking a attachment bucket and cutting it down to where just the impeller tunnel is left, then simply putting a hitch ball on the top and a single wheel directly underneath on the bottom, and using that as a powered trailer mover.

All I'd need is a couple bucket housings and someone who could cut and weld things up. Then use a current tractor I own and I'm in business.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts