Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today was the day to get the old 622 ready for the season. Oil change, greased and lubed, new spark plug, tires filled. Cleaned and Armor-All on the plastic and tires. Considering new skid plates, but not this year...

All dressed up but nothing to blow (yet)!

Toro622-2014.jpg

Bring it on!

Dave

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - as I have mentioned before, I freaking scored with this thing - it was my Dad's - he bought it new - and used it just enough to keep the motor happy, but in no way abused it. Single home use only over the years, and garaged year round. He bought a bigger Ariens last year, and I got lucky! Super happy with it.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Wow! Sweet machine. That's one of only a very few that I'd really like to own. And yours is a beautiful example of a well kept, well maintained machine.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
a real beauté!

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
looking good there

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, today was the day to get the old 622 ready for the season. Oil change, greased and lubed, new spark plug, tires filled. Cleaned and Armor-All on the plastic and tires. Considering new skid plates, but not this year...

All dressed up but nothing to blow (yet)!

View attachment 25513

Bring it on!

Dave
Got myself a 1997 model for 20$ , 10$ carb rebuild , 5$ oil and just need to find auger bolts and ill be good for this winter.

Looks like it works haha

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Got myself a 1997 model for 20$ , 10$ carb rebuild , 5$ oil and just need to find auger bolts and ill be good for this winter.

Looks like it works haha
pictures, pictures :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Looks like it works haha
Wow sounds like a GREAT deal - let's see it!

We have a Nor'Easter coming in today, but no snow for us in Southern RI, just a lot of wind and rain...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we've had a heck of a few weeks with the snow of course, not as bad as Boston, but for us, a LOT of snow!

The 622 has been ridden hard and put up wet and performed FLAWLESSLY!

Just got in from a final cleanup post-plows and did a couple of the neighbors driveways - a college girl across the street, and then a couple of our neighbors who unfortunately have had close family members pass this week. Feels really good to help them out.

Now it's Miller time!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
when I take out a snowblower I always help out a few neighbors, its the neighborly thing to do and gives you more time to play with your snowblower
I was trying to talk a guy on CL down a few weeks ago, he wanted $300 for his 622 and I offered $250. he turned me down and I'm ok with it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts