Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
toying with the idea of joining (or at least experiencing) the Yamaha cult. might hook up with a YS624 with tracks. i mentioned to the owner about difficulty in obtaining replacement parts. they responded with this list:

1. Yamaha Parts House.2 Yamaha Parts.com, 3. Parts Pit Stop and 4. Cmsnl.com.

so, is it difficult or not (haven't looked at those sites yet)!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have attempted to order many parts. Despite the website often listing the parts as available, and even processing the order, many times this will be followed by an email stating the part is on backorder or discontinued with no anticipate arrival date.

I have attempted to order from #1 and #2.

·
Registered
37 Posts
toying with the idea of joining (or at least experiencing) the Yamaha cult. might hook up with a YS624 with tracks. i mentioned to the owner about difficulty in obtaining replacement parts. they responded with this list:

1. Yamaha Parts House.2 Yamaha Parts.com, 3. Parts Pit Stop and 4. Cmsnl.com.

so, is it difficult or not (haven't looked at those sites yet)!
They are great machines, but they are also thirty years old. You can still get the majority of parts, the only things I know are not available is the tracks, cylinder and cylinder head. Impex.jp has a good inventory. I see one selling locally right now for 1000euro/1100usd to give you an idea how sought after they are. I wouldn't purchase one unless you can get a good deal, however.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I fired off a IMPEX order today... I will report how it goes. The prices were 1/3-1/2 of what I would see with domestic supplier.
Nice diagrams on the site too. (y)

Reactions: Cabincat
1 - 8 of 8 Posts