Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on youtube. Enjoy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you enjoyed it. I tried to find info on this beast but did not have any luck. All I know is I have to start saving the pennys and such to pay for this thing in a hundred years.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
All I know is I have to start saving the pennys and such to pay for this thing in a hundred years.
Yes, but for clearing large roadways I can see that that could be a practical way to get the job done. It's better than plowing because then you have problems with huge piles of snow. With that beast you could through the snow completely out of the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet this thing is perfect for airports and such.
I have been thinking of how much snow it would take to stall this thing? It would have to be a lot.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Well, I heard of fairly large snow removal eqipment that couldn't handle the deep snow we had last year. In our area ,the local quarry used thier huge front-end loaders to clear the roads. It all depends on how wet the snow is. But I do thing that machine could handle quite a lot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow you must of got a lot of snow last year. The most we have ever got at once was 18-26 inches depending on location. It was great.

Usually when we get snow the DOT comes out about a day early with sand/salt or wait till every one is stuck in traffic to come plow with dump trucks and road graders. If we had a machine like that down here every one would think it would be a waste because of cost.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I think there was one time this spring that we had three snowstorms on top of each other. It amounted to 30"-36" of snow. It was quite a pain to move the snow,but it's fun having a big snow like that once in a while. I think according to records, last year we had more snow in February than we had for at least five decades!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think there was one time this spring that we had three snowstorms on top of each other. It amounted to 30"-36" of snow. It was quite a pain to move the snow,but it's fun having a big snow like that once in a while. I think according to records, last year we had more snow in February than we had for at least five decades!
Wow 30-36 inches of snow is a lot. We once got 18-26 inches in one storm and I think it set a record for snow fall here. Everything was shut down for a weeks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Don't we all have big dreams? :) I would really like to bury my neighbours house in snow though or at the very least his annoying kids car.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I like these smilies ;):rolleyes:. They are just what we need to describe big dreams like yours!

I think it would be quite fun to bury my neighbors house; I'd do it while they're away and bury thier house good enough that they couldn't find it when they get back!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Scot,

Great site you put together on the older Ariens models. Helped me get the information together I need for one of the compact 2.7hp models I want to get running, and I didn't even have to leave my desk!

Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts