Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any idea on how to get the brushes to stay in place to get the end cap back on. I found some where, they mention using a clip of sorts through four holes in the end cap, but the starter that I have doesn't have any of these holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
any idea on how to get the brushes to stay in place to get the end cap back on. I found some where, they mention using a clip of sorts through four holes in the end cap, but the starter that I have doesn't have any of these holes.
Check around page 230 of the Briggs service manual. (LINK)

·
Registered
465 Posts
There are proper clips available to hold the brushes in during reassembly. I've also used large staples commonly found holding the flaps on carboard boxes closed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I got it back together ended up drilling a four holes into the cap and using wire hanger to hold everything thing in place. I noticed the magnet on the sleeve has some chunks loose I wonder if that is why my starter gets bogged down after I crank it a couple of times

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
The stator is on it's way out. your lucky though mine cracked in half and was done for good. had to get a new 1 a few years back.:eek:mg::emoticon-south-park

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stator is on it's way out. your lucky though mine cracked in half and was done for good. had to get a new 1 a few years back.:eek:mg::emoticon-south-park
That doesn't surprise me. I think I let it die and then get a new one at least this time I'll know how to take it off without accidentally taking it apart.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
That doesn't surprise me. I think I let it die and then get a new one at least this time I'll know how to take it off without accidentally taking it apart.
Good luck finding 1. brand new 1's are pretty rare now. if you don't find 1 on flea bay or cl. let me know I might still be able to get a brand new 1. but it will not be CHEAP.:eek:mg::emoticon-south-park

1 - 9 of 9 Posts