Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Ariens ST824 and 11528
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Finally got my parts to finish this thing up. Gear case didn't match up from old to new but is just fine. Hoping from this site info on auger orientation I have this set right in picture. Didn't mark them when I took off. Next update pic will be all together and in the shed! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,030 Posts
View attachment 177836

Finally got my parts to finish this thing up. Gear case didn't match up from old to new but is just fine. Hoping from this site info on auger orientation I have this set right in picture. Didn't mark them when I took off. Next update pic will be all together and in the shed! Cheers!
looks right and BTW very good work.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Looking very good ... Nice job.

Yes, the augers are fine ... Always remember on the augers, they spin forward, and you always want the snow being moved into the center, for the impeller to injest and expel.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I like this model, but it needs to have double belt system. Not sure if there is a double system kit for it out there.

There was one in my area. It was the 11528DLE Pro with differential drive. The seller wanted $1000 for it. Not worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Nice work, paint looks great.
Looks like a container of anti seize in the photo, that is a good idea to apply it to your hardware on reassembly.

Reactions: Crabba

·
Registered
Ariens ST824 and 11528
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work, paint looks great.
Looks like a container of anti seize in the photo, that is a good idea to apply it to your hardware on reassembly.
Thanks. Yeah I'm putting it on everything that was tough to get off in the process of disassemble. Which was basically everything!

·
Registered
Ariens ST824 and 11528
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I like this model, but it needs to have double belt system. Not sure if there is a double system kit for it out there.

There was one in my area. It was the 11528DLE Pro with differential drive. The seller wanted $1000 for it. Not worth it to me.
There is a kit but doesn't fit my 924125 model. Perhaps it does but not according to ariens site so I didn't look much into it. My neighbor has almost the same machine. I used hers on my drive if I did hers so had some time on it the past couple years. I did throw some belts when I first staring using it but found it was my user error that was causing the problem. I was letting off of the auger handle to fast. It's was making it skip off. I started slowly disenchantment of auger and it never did it again. I've seen a hack where a bolt is installed and aligns the belts at a better angle. Maybe that's all I'd need.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
@Crabba,

It is crucial on any belt system, that all belt guide rods/bolts are in place and adjusted properly, and all pulleys are in alignment, and the idler pulley is adjusted properly.... as well as the correct size belt of course ...

NOTE ..... Many of the older Ariens are noted for wearing the pivot pin on the idler pulley bracket, thus giving it a skewed alignment with the other pulleys in that belt system when applied. This is no doubt due to the fact that they were so well built, that many, including my 3 older ones, are still running 50 years later.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think that belt kit was for the newer 11528 models. They have body frames that are more similar to the current Ariens Deluxe models. It doesn't look like you have enough room for a double belt system, under your belt cover. I think double belts are needed for the Deluxe models. They scoop up a lot of snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts