Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just acquired a
Kobalt 80-Volt Max 22-in Single-Stage Cordless Electric Snow Blower 6 Ah
This is my first experience with a rechargeable unit. My question is what is the best tips/tricks on how to store the battery in the off season when not using it to help the battery last longer? Also, the same question when using the battery during the winter off and on? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My question is what is the best tips/tricks on how to store the battery in the off season when not using it to help the battery last longer?
Get the string trimmer or chain saw or mower or pole saw or power broom that uses the same battery and use it (or them) year 'round. I have all of the above except the mower and I have two 4Ah batteries for my snowblower, et al. I have a mixture of Greenworks and Kobalt items and modified the Kobalt ones to use Greenworks batteries (just requires removing a couple of guide rails in the battery compartment), but you can go either way. They're all made in the same plant.

Reactions: Yanmar Ronin

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
They say, If the battery will not be used for 3 months or more, store the battery in a room temperature environment. Fully charge before storage. Try not to keep it stored somewhere where the temperature fluctuates to extremes.
The only battery I have is a Snowjoe's 24v XR 5.0 ah for a power shovel. I have had it for 2 years now. I keep it charged in my house, during the off season I will charge it once in the summer.
My garage will get real cold in the winter and real hot during the summer, so in the house is better.

I like the price they get for the batteries! Must have gold inside. (n)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts