Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our member "thefixer" gave me a can of this penetrating spray and swore by it.

now i know why.

today I had an impossibly frozen auger that would not budge thru the usual methods. PB Blaster, heat, banging and swearing , and every other trick I learned here.

Sprayed some of this Yield on it yesterday and let it sit overnight. Today I was able to lift auger out with minimal effort.

Also, had a seized Honda HS55. tried other methods to free up the motor without success. sprayed some Yield into spark plug hole and let it sit overnight. today put breaker bar on it and was able to free up motor.

I know this is not by any means a valid test but this worked when other penetrating oils would not.

I'm sold so far. haven't used it yet on frozen bolts but am looking forward to it. a real time saver.

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
579 Posts
ya, you're right. i can't find this stuff anywhere. thefixer told me he buys it by the case. if i were a pro i would buy it by the case too.
Thanks for recommendation orangputeh, I'd like to give it a try. I got to say though its pretty hard to beat PB Blaster!!!

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for recommendation orangputeh, I'd like to give it a try. I got to say though its pretty hard to beat PB Blaster!!!
just like I mentioned , it did 2 jobs the blaster could not. i was so surprised how fast and easy it worked I had to share it with these forums.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This stuff makes PB Blaster look like water. It's unreal. I'm gonna be ordering a case this week, and would be willing to ship some to anyone interested. The stuff is not cheap, I'm thinking around 20 bucks a can, won't know until I order. I'll send it for my cost and you pay the freight. If anyone is interested, let me know. Yield is the real deal. Check some of the reviews if you Google it. They say it creeps into a millionth of an inch space, however they measure that. All I know is the stuff flat works! I've been using it for over 20 years.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i don't know how people even consider stuff like pb blaster when it comes to penitrating oil. i usually at least go with liquid wrench but apparently atf/acetone is suppose to be really good compared to most of the cheap stuff you get at the store.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I might make up batch to try it out. Do you brush, spray or pour some in an oil can (ATF/Acetone Mix)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts