Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for which size and brand i should get for an ultrasonic cleaner.

am not a professional so we are not talking about 5-10 carbs a week.

maybe 10 carbs in a year.

also, which solution do you prefer?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I found one on eBay from China and it’s yet to fail me, I only clean jets and a few small steel parts and use something called Chem-Krest (not sure if I spelled that right) but anyhow it cleans the brass excellent but you can not put aluminum in it as it dissolves aluminum lol. Also I fill the ultrasonic with just water and put a glass jar in the basket with the cleaner so it keeps the ultrasonic clean.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
I have the 2.5L from Harbor Freight. I do wish I had another inch of depth as some carbs don't get fully submerged. It's worked but not as good as I expected. I dip carbs in the industrial strength dedicated carb cleaner over night and then into the ultrasonic using simple green. One thing is always empty out the solution after each use. I left mine sit a couple days and it turned the clear plastic cover to opaque.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I did a lot of research into these. I had one years ago but it was too small. I do about the same number of carbs as @orangputeh, plus other stuff. I now have the Durasonix 10L and like it: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KNN4MVC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . (Note CND prices).

Three lessons I learned from my first cheap one:

1. Make sure it has a drain
2. Make sure it has a heater element, timer preferred
3. Check with manufacturer about their cleaning solutions in these devices as some break down. For example the purple version of Simple Green is tested in ultrasonic cleaners.

·
Registered
871 Posts
mason jar strapped to a 1/4 sheet sander
mason jar or some sort of container, your choice

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight cleaner, and usually soak the carb overnight in a bucket of Chem Cleaner and then run it through the ultra sonic cleaner the next day with warm soapy water. Then blow it out with compressed air and put it back together.

Seems to work fine for me!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought a used Branson ultrasonic cleaner on ebay about 1-1/2 years ago. Holds about 1-1/2 gallons and is heated. 10 carbs and it's paid for. I use Simple Green HD to make the solution.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I bought a used Branson ultrasonic cleaner on ebay about 1-1/2 years ago. Holds about 1-1/2 gallons and is heated. 10 carbs and it's paid for. I use Simple Green HD to make the solution.
I also have a used Branson ultrasonic, from eBay, I paid under $100. Mine has worked great for me so far. I think it's the same size, 1.5 gallons. It's the 3510 model. It has a heater, you can select the temperature, and it has the digital controls.

I also use the purple Simple Green HD. As someone else mentioned, I put the solution and parts in a glass jar, suspended on a shelf, and fill the rest with hot water. You use much less solution, and you also don't gunk-up the ultrasonic unit itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts