Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me - just found a used 2 year old Pro Rapidtrak. I plan on installing LED lights before next winter and have read through all of the light posts. My question is has anyone used amber colored lights for better visibility in blowing snow? The Ariens dealer recommended using either actual amber fog lights or using an amber optical film on regular white flood lights so you don’t get all of the light reflection from the wind blown snow. Any real life experience comments appreciated.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome ARG66, looks like a nice machine. Sorry, though, I have no experience in lighting.

tx

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Welcome to SBF Arg66.

I've used incandescent amber sealed beam lights on my 1032 Drift Breaker. It's been a couple years since I've had it out as it's apart awaiting a transmission repair and some rebuilding.
What I remember is that in falling or blowing snow it's a bit easier to see as the light is not as harshly reflected back at you like white is.
I do have LED white on a couple and it's nice when it's mostly still as it really kicks out there. The yellow doesn't seem to go as far but I haven't upgraded to amber LED either.

·
Registered
Simplicity M1227E B&S 11.50 eng mfg 2014 Purchased new in 2017
10 Posts
My Simplicity M1227E 2014 Mfg date Purchased in 2017 came with one amber LED light, and I find that i like it better than the white sealed beams that came on my mid 80's snapper 30 in. cut little to no glare and the amber helps separating you from a snowmobile/ cars while turning around in the street.
TOM B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts