Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can help me. The discharge chute (one that controls how high snow goes) on my snowblower will not lock. It has the cable on it and I can move it up and down fine. I can turn it to lock it and seems to get tighter but it seems like it isn't locked because I can still move it. Anyone know how to adjust this?

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
I haven't seen one like that and I'm not sure how it's supposed to stay or lock into a position.
Looked for a manual but didn't come across one. Asked a moderator to move this to the Snapper sub forum hoping you'd get a response from someone with experience with your style. Mine on the Craftsman is like a lawnmower wheel where there are physical holes that hold the handle in a given position. No help to you, sorry.

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Not silly at all. It does apply tension and on a regular chute without the remote control it would be what holds the end in position.

That would make sense as I can't really figure out how the cable handle would be able to push pull and yet "lock". Maybe it's just a matter of tightening up that wing nut :confused:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If it was being blasted with snow it would have to be rather tight.What is the use of a remote deflector if you have to reach over and loosen the wing nut to adjust it... remotely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does it lock with a quarter turn?
does this look like it?
ipc

There is a control cable I wouldn't want to have to replace.
$$$$$
yeah thats what it looks like. I replaced it like 3 years ago cost a lot of money.

It seems like its altogether but i can't figure out how to adjust it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts