Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used MTD snowblower (22 ") and want to remove the auger assembly to access the auger cover on the inside to remove rust and repaint it. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
did you check you-tube?

on a honda , which i have done it many times, you remove the impeller/blower shear pin first. not sure if the mtd has this pin. then you remove the side bolts that the augers attach to the housing . if the auger tranny has a stabilizer support , then you remove those bolts from the housing also. then it should just pull out if the impeller is not corroded onto the pulley shaft.

takes just a few minutes on a honda so not sure if it is the same on a 22 inch mtd. have any pictures of that area? or like i said check you tube. plus someone here that has done mtd's here will chime in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have my Yardman apart now MTD makes about 10 brand name snowblowers And they are all basically the same .Youtube is your best bet There is a Small engine engine Mechanic That goes buy the name of donyboy And there are a couple of others that are good. Just search MTD auger removal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas. That is quite helpful. I have the exploded parts diagrams for the entire unit which will help me better understand the youtube videos. Thanks again. Mine is a White branded unit.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You remove the side bearings, the sides if they come off, and you have to removel the pulley off the back, then everything will slide forward. If you want to remove the impeller, there's a pin to bang out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts