Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, greetings from snowy New England. I'm in the process of removing my auger pulley from a John Deere TRS27 to replace the bushing, which is shot. I'll be using a gear puller with bolts inserted into the pre-drilled holes. I notice in the center there is a 4-pointed detail of some kind, and I was wondering if anyone knows if this is something that needs to be removed first, like a key, or is it just an integral part of the pulley? I've looked around online extensively, and I've only seen a smooth face on other pulleys. I'm attaching a photo for clarification. Any help is much appreciated!
Green Wood Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system

· Registered
368 Posts
The parts fische shows a bolt through the hub on the front side. If you pull on the edges it will probably bend. I would try a pry bar between the hub and bearing. A little lube like pb blaster left on for a while might be needed. ;)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The parts fische shows a bolt through the hub on the front side. If you pull on the edges it will probably bend. I would try a pry bar between the hub and bearing. A little lube like pb blaster left on for a while might be needed. ;)
Thanks for the help guzzijohn! I think the bolt you're referring to is the lock nut on the hub. That came off easy. I definitely won't be trying to pull from the edges, these things bend way too easy, and then you end up needing a new one! :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts