Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used Toro 1128 Powermax a couple of weeks ago (2006). The engine surges when idling. I've tried cleaning the accessible areas of the carb - the nut bowl, bowl, air idler, etc.

The blower continues to surge and I think I need to thoroughly clean or replace the carb. The problem I'm having is removing the carb. The carb. is bolted to the engine with T30 screws that are very close to parts of the carb. I can't get my T30 bit onto the screws.

Is there a trick or some special T30 tool that I need to use to remove the carb?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Westboh

Can you give some more info on the engine like it's model and serial # so we can pull up a parts diagram ?
Might also give us some idea of what year it is.

:icon-wwp:

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
thanks for the info motor city

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the information all. This place is great. I've lurked for a while and have learned a ton.

I was actually able to purchase a straight screwdriver type t30 with a thin enough shaft and was able to bite enough at an angle on the screws to remove them today.

The tools Motor City linked would have certainly worked better. I'll have to look into ordering them.

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts