Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I have several Deere's that I'll be refurbishing as time permits. What is the best way to go about getting the correct paint for these? Just get a scraping of current color on the rigs and take it into a paint store to have it color matched? Some are all green, some are green & yellow.

Thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
They have a lot of farm colors at my local Tractor Supply company. You should see if there's one of those in your area . They have the International Harvester/Farmall red and some other truck and tractor companies I would think they would have John Deere colors too. Give them a try :cool: be sure and use the compatible primer to the paint you buy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably both. And there is a Tractor Supply not too far from here so I'll need to swing by. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Naah no overspray. Sand down.. do it right.
That's not what overspray is :confused: , I'm sure POWERSHIFT will get a bang out of that :cool: In all seriousness though, but you'll be OK because I used an IH Red ( closest to Toro red match they had, matched fairly well) rattle can from Tractor Supply on mine, it had a newer fan type nozzle and did a pretty good job. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to Harbor freight, but $13 paint gun, then go to the local Deere store buy 1 qt of JD Paint and JD thinner, follow mixing directions, paint and enjoy!
If you don't have a compressor, I would use genuine JD rattle cans. Several on My Tractor Forum have had great success with JD's rattle cans.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ryan, East of the MN tundra, no "eek" using Rustoleum Farm paint cans.;)
Nice Job on the restoration. I enjoy a good restoration thread. I like to paint and I would like to get into painting some more albeit with an air compressor and paint gun rather than the spray bombs I work with. I like to work with my hands with my Hobbies. I do my own maintenance on my snowmobiles and snow blowers and boat and watercraft. Nice example of an older 1989 John Deere snow blower you got there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts