Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have a very old but fantastic Ariens Model 924038 Serial # 010035. My friend and I both have older ones and have done many repairs on them over the years but we are stumped. It does not move forward. The friction disc (new) touches but then doesn't once there is any resistance. I have checked all the adjustments (e.g. Rod Adapter) and even replaced the big tension spring. I have tightened down the tension nut all the way which I never had to do in the past. If I "help" the big fly wheel up it works but that fly wheel seems to stick sometimes and also backs off. I was thinking about taking that fly wheel off and lubricating the shaft it is on even though I can see lubricant and have sprayed that area. It seems like it will be difficult to remove that fly wheel nut as there is not an easy way to put enough tension on the fly wheel. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
if the disc is not making contact, the clutch linkage may be out of adjustment, or the mounting assembly has worn and it no longer returning to engaged position on the disc.

are you sure you have the right thickness and diameter disc on there ?

spray all the pivot points with pb blaster, then wd40 or oil, see if it frees up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts