Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure if this is best Ternes a governor spring, or a throttle spring. Anyway, it runs from the end of the governor link to a throttle arm (visible in the picture). The engine is a Tecumseh H70-130158A, but I can’t find this part of the assembly in the parts diagram for that model. The governor lever and bracket look right, but there’s no reference to a by spring, or even the throttle control as far as I can tell. My spring is, as you can see, now almost fully oxidized, and in two pieces. I just want to be sure I’m getting the right replacement part, correct tensions and all that.
second pic for context
Thanks for anything you can tell me

·
Registered
437 Posts
I’m not sure if this is best Ternes a governor spring, or a throttle spring. Anyway, it runs from the end of the governor link to a throttle arm (visible in the picture). The engine is a Tecumseh H70-130158A, but I can’t find this part of the assembly in the parts diagram for that model. The governor lever and bracket look right, but there’s no reference to a by spring, or even the throttle control as far as I can tell. My spring is, as you can see, now almost fully oxidized, and in two pieces. I just want to be sure I’m getting the right replacement part, correct tensions and all that.
second pic for context
Thanks for anything you can tell me View attachment 173638
View attachment 173639
Welcome to the forum!
This should fix you up:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, this looks like a great resource. The diagram 25 for the Snow King engine on p 32 looks like the right diagram, unfortunately it doesn't refer to that spring.
I have temporarily replaced it with a spring that is about the size of the one I took off, but I'm thinking that the previous owner had already done the same thing, that is to say, the spring that was there was a random Hardware store spring, not the one supplied by Tecumseh. It runs now, but the spring is too stiff to let it really open up, so I'm never at a really high speed. This will get me through until I can figure out what the "right" spring actually is.

EDIT:
This one looks right, and even though it doesn't list my engine, it is the only Tecumseh spring that looks like the size and shape in the diagram.
Tecumseh Extension Spring

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R
74 Posts
Thanks, this looks like a great resource. The diagram 25 for the Snow King engine on p 32 looks like the right diagram,

EDIT:
This one looks right, and even though it doesn't list my engine, it is the only Tecumseh spring that looks like the size and shape in the diagram.
Tecumseh Extension Spring
Only other option I can think of is if you have a local shop/dealer. They may be able to match it up. I know the few things I got from my local place was twice the price as what’s online! Dealer rip off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only other option I can think of is if you have a local shop/dealer. They may be able to match it up. I know the few things I got from my local place was twice the price as what’s online! Dealer rip off.
I might try that route too. Wouldn’t be able to just match though, since I’m pretty sure the rusted one is a substitute. And I don’t mind a dealer markup on such a cheap part. I’d happily pay $5 instead of 2.50 to buy it local!

·
Registered
1971-72 910962 s/n-03101 att.-910995 s/n-048006 TEC# H70-130067A s/n-1218R
74 Posts
This looks close to it. I was at the dealer today and they were no help at all. Told me it’s not listed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This looks close to it. I was at the dealer today and they were no help at all. Told me it’s not listed.
Thanks for checking. I also stopped by a dealer today, who I was sent to by the small engine guy at Ace, and he found the part. Didn’t have any in stock, but he’s ordering me one. Great guy, seems knowledgeable, and his eyes lit up when he saw the vintage machine we were talking about. I will continue to let him volunteer advice about all the stuff I should be sure to do so that it never gives out. Tecumseh 30826 Extension Spring - Jacks Small Engines

1 - 10 of 10 Posts