Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new to me Ariens 5524 at the end of the season. Spruced it up some, did repairs, and tune.
Something not quite right.
Order new scraper bar.
Sports equipment Helmet Automotive tire Light Hood

Hmmmm. This old one was worn pretty good. Oh, a bit uneven too. What going on. One of the reasons it did not work too well. Old bar was down over a quarter inch in one side and half to three quarters on the other. Even the bolts/nuts were shaved. Replaced and notice left side still a bit iffy. Readjust shoes. Notice shoe is a bit misshaped. Fix it.

I inherited this from a friend. So I have to resurrect it as best as possible. I got it to run pretty well. But slush and water, even just a quarter inch, stuffs it. I need a bit of help. Got can of fluid film. Wondering if an impeller kit will help. I will measure gap, but it is not too bad. Need to order one of those tachs too.
Any recommendations and advice appreciated.
Was going to do separate post for the resurrection but no time like October...

·
Registered
03 Simlicity 860E, 78 Ariens 922022
268 Posts
Got a new to me Ariens 5524 at the end of the season. Spruced it up some, did repairs, and tune.
Something not quite right.
Order new scraper bar. View attachment 181355

Hmmmm. This old one was worn pretty good. Oh, a bit uneven too. What going on. One of the reasons it did not work too well. Old bar was down over a quarter inch in one side and half to three quarters on the other. Even the bolts/nuts were shaved. Replaced and notice left side still a bit iffy. Readjust shoes. Notice shoe is a bit misshaped. Fix it.

I inherited this from a friend. So I have to resurrect it as best as possible. I got it to run pretty well. But slush and water, even just a quarter inch, stuffs it. I need a bit of help. Got can of fluid film. Wondering if an impeller kit will help. I will measure gap, but it is not too bad. Need to order one of those tachs too.
Any recommendations and advice appreciated.
Was going to do separate post for the resurrection but no time like October...
Good luck with the machine. I found impeller mod helps in the slush. Noticeably. A tach is nice. I use an android app, and get roundly ridiculed for it. :oops:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have the 5520, so there similar. I did the impeller mod and it helps! Also check your belts and adjust accordingly.
I picked this up from the curb.
Tire Plant Wheel Grass Automotive tire

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm. I think a rotax can fit on that 20. Maybe even a diesel. Heated grips and cabin. Impeller mod.. 20 inch. Oh sorry just napping.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hmmm. I think a rotax can fit on that 20. Maybe even a diesel. Heated grips and cabin. Impeller mod.. 20 inch. Oh sorry just napping.
I have four others in the garage. I'm giving my son-in-law the 5520.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts