Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed a replacement carb for my ariens SB. The stock carb was a diaphragm style and was 90$ to replace. Original thread: http://www.snowblowerforum.com/forum/snowblower-repairs-maintenance-forum/33569-tecumseh-carb-help.html

Replacement Diaphragm carb :

I was not going to spend that kind of money so I decided to roll the dice and order a bowl style carb. I ordered this one Amazon.com : Replacement Carburetor for Tecumseh 632615 632208 632589 H30 H35 : Patio, Lawn & Garden

It installed perfectly and after 3 pulls, the motor started. It only took a small bit of tuning and it was gtg. Just thought I would post this in case someone else runs across this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replacement Carb

tothemax,

Hi, and thanks for the scoop on the replacement carburetor. I have a Toro s620 snow thrower, it worked fine for a time (got it at the dump… somebody left it near the metal recycle bin). It's a great machine. Had 2 ft of snow here in NE recently and it handled it like a champ.
Recently, though, it ran rough to the point where I needed to prime it constantly to keep it running, I tried rebuilding the carb, didn't have much luck. I tried to extract the welch plug from the carb body. Looks like the plug was integral to the body; and I am nowhere… Looks like I damaged the carb body… :(
I am working from a Tecumseh tech manual. It says that the plug can be pried out. No such luck for me.
Question. Does the bowl carb you mention for sale on Amazon attach anywhere to the primer bulb? The original carb had a primer connection.
This is my first post; I am new to the forum. Looks like a lot of info here!
Anything would be appreciated.
I figured I'd ask here instead of starting a new, related thread.

Thanks,

6Katz

1 - 2 of 2 Posts