Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a JD1032 snowblower, s/n M01032X555682, and the engine # is SBH-534 8011F. I also have a 1032D, s/n M01032D164034, engine HMSK100 159311V,. I am looking to replace the carburetors on both of them. Can you help identify the correct carb for each? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I believe that is a short block casting number. Engine was probably replaced with a short block at some time.

Is that a 10HP? If so, I would check out the the one for the HS100 or the HSK100, like this one::

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just removed the carbs, the carb for the 1032D is 631797. The 1032 does not have the original carb, but it looks exactly the same except it has an adjustable needle valve in the bowl. The SBH designation is for a short-block engine, but I believe it is original. Supposed to be 10hp. It is the same configuration as the 1032D engine, which is the HM100.

After digging a little further, according to the JD website, and using the machine serial numbers, these machines both use the same carb, AM134818, but that is different than what is actually in the 1032D.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The replacement carburetors work great. Both snowblowers now start on 1 or 2 pulls. Carb kits from Amazon were pretty good, only thing that didn't fit are the hoses - a couple inches too short.

·
Retired Moderator
9,928 Posts
Glad you were able to get the adjustable ones. I have a Troy (MTD) that has been surging all it's life. I've even tried drilling out the jet with no luck so far. It's nice to have equipment that you can get to run smoothly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you were able to get the adjustable ones. I have a Troy (MTD) that has been surging all it's life. I've even tried drilling out the jet with no luck so far. It's nice to have equipment that you can get to run smoothly.

What engine does it have?

Did you try adjusting the governor (if it has one)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts