Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulley has been discontinued. Searched the internet for replacement or after market options. Key is sheared off pulley. Could cut keyway to match shaft but would prefer not to. Are there any companies that could cross reference the part number for a replacement. Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the 532191079 pulley from my Husqvarna 10530SBE sitting around doing nothing. I believe the 532427071 is a newer version of the 532191079.

·
Super Moderator
10,821 Posts
Welcome to SBF Danie

Maybe some dimensions on that P/N 532191079 would help ?

Have you tried calling Husky customer service to see if they have any ideas on a substitution ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome to SBF Danie View attachment 174405

Maybe some dimensions on that P/N 532191079 would help ?

Have you tried calling Husky customer service to see if they have any ideas on a substitution ?
Danie is looking for P/N 532427071. I have P/N 532191079. As far as I can tell they are the same pulley size wise. 532427071 is the superseded P/N for 532191079. The Husqvarna snow-throwers haven't changed much over the years. The biggest change was going from Tecumseh engines bolted directly to the chassis to using LCT engines that are bolted to an engine mounting plate that is then bolted to the chassis.

The pulley is 7 1/2" diameter. The hole is 11/16" diameter. A 5/8" wide v-belt.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue today - bolt sheared off and key in pulley is trashed. Cant find either pulley in stock anywhere??? Not sure if I could build up the key with weld or grind out a keyways and use a key pin - or just weld the pulley to the shaft!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I still have my 532191079 pulley.

I tried contacting DanielMS, but no response yet.

Someone else sent me a PM inquiring about the pulley. Haven't heard back from them either.

Bad timing I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I still have my 532191079 pulley.

I tried contacting DanielMS, but no response yet.

Someone else sent me a PM inquiring about the pulley. Haven't heard back from them either.

Bad timing I guess.
Amazingly I'm sitting here googling with the same exact problem, my pulley key sheered off and I can't find it anywhere in stock. If you still have your 532191079 pulley please message me, I'll take it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Per the manual that came with the snow blower, it is PN 191079. Various online resources say its the same as Husqvarna PN 532427079, such as:

The material in this one doesn't seem so great to be honest! However, one made of cheaper material is still better than one that's broken. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Per the manual that came with the snow blower, it is PN 191079. Various online resources say its the same as Husqvarna PN 532427079, such as:

The material in this one doesn't seem so great to be honest! However, one made of cheaper material is still better than one that's broken. :)
Which machine do you have? Did the bolt holding it on come loose? I always check all the bolts and nuts on the machine when I service it in the summer. Many of them I have removed and put back on with thread lock. The vibration these machines do guarantees something will come loose eventually.

I've probably added 5 pounds to my machine between all the thread lock and anti-seize used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which machine do you have? Did the bolt holding it on come loose? I always check all the bolts and nuts on the machine when I service it in the summer. Many of them I have removed and put back on with thread lock. The vibration these machines do guarantees something will come loose eventually.

I've probably added 5 pounds to my machine between all the thread lock and anti-seize used.
I've got a poulan 96194000502.

And you're exactly right! the bolt the was holding it on fell off, the pulley became loose and the keyway in the pulley sheered off. Good call on thread lock/anti-seize!

·
Registered
142 Posts
That Poulan looks exactly the same as my Husqvarna 10530SBE. I believe they are an AYP machine. I know there is a Craftsman that is exactly the same, also. It was a popular model made with different colors to match all the different brands that put it out.

I'm thinking of upgrading the impeller drive pulley from 2.75" to 3". That should almost double the throwing distance if the engine can handle it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry, someone already grabbed it.

I've had five or six people ask me about it over the last couple of months. Seems like the bolt holding that pulley on is coming loose for many owners. That is something that should be checked every year. A little red thread locker should take care of it.

rdcusa, Which machine do you have? If you can't find a replacement pulley, you can replace the gearbox assembly (which will use a newer impeller pulley). I had to replace the gearbox assembly on my 10530SBE because the original worm gear had four consecutive broken teeth and I could not find a new/used worm gear. I had to purchase the whole gear assembly which included a new impeller pulley. It will probably cost $200-250, but everything will be new and should last many years.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I've had five or six people ask me about it over the last couple of months. Seems like the bolt holding that pulley on is coming loose for many owners. That is something that should be checked every year. A little red thread locker should take care of it.

rdcusa, Which machine do you have? If you can't find a replacement pulley, you can replace the gearbox assembly (which will use a newer impeller pulley). I had to replace the gearbox assembly on my 10530SBE because the original worm gear had four consecutive broken teeth and I could not find a new/used worm gear. I had to purchase the whole gear assembly which included a new impeller pulley. It will probably cost $200-250, but everything will be new and should last many years.

Good luck.
Husqvarna_10530SBE
I have an 1130SBEXP

Good luck.
Hi Husqvarna_10530SBE...
I have an 1130SBEXP. I’m not an expert in the idea but do you know if the parts are interchangeable between the 2 units? If they are I would definitely entertain the idea. My snow blower is in GREAT shape. It’s definitely a poor design for the key to be part of the pulley. Any info you have would be great.
rdcusa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Husqvarna_10530SBE
I have an 1130SBEXP

Hi Husqvarna_10530SBE...
I have an 1130SBEXP. I’m not an expert in the idea but do you know if the parts are interchangeable between the 2 units? If they are I would definitely entertain the idea. My snow blower is in GREAT shape. It’s definitely a poor design for the key to be part of the pulley. Any info you have would be great.
rdcusa

Good luck.
Hi Husqvarna_10530
Started doing some comparisons and indeed have found parts from another newer model that are available...
Thank you so much for the nudge in the right direction....you definitely have helped me out.
Thanks Again,
rdcusa

·
Registered
142 Posts
No problem.

I've been comparing my 10530SBE with similar newer models to see what has changed. Then find out if I can use some of the newer designed parts on my machine, if they improved it.

Part # 597371501 is the newest gear assembly that also comes with a new impeller pulley for our machines. The going rate is $190 + tax and shipping. If you can replace it yourself or even if you had to pay someone to do it, it would be a lot cheaper than buying a new blower.

I don't think the key being part of the pulley is a bad design per se. Maybe the pulley would still be usable if the key was separate and only the key failed. I don't know if they used thread locker when the pulleys were installed. That should prevent this problem.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Unfortunately no. Which model do you have (ex. Husqvarna 1130SBEXP (96193000600)?

If you read all of the posts above, you will find out that you may have to replace the entire gear assembly. Part # 597371501 most likely is what you will need. If your machine is still in good shape and worth keeping that would be the way to go.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts