Snowblower Forum banner

501 - 520 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I’ve done both, if doing other work I’ll take the time to romove the housing with starter but if that’s all I have to fix I just drill out the rivets, replace the pull cord and rivet back on.

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
sold my last. talked the first 2 people who looked at it out of it. "It's too old, some parts are NLA, it's built from 4 different machines, etc etc" successful in dissuading.

could'n't talk this guy out of it. he's a Cowboy fan and gonna take the Pats decal off and put on a Cowboy one.

now , aint got nutting to sell. took on 2 repairs jobs .

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
Man I cant sell anything in my area lol I only have 3 to sell this year.

Not even any nibbles hmm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #508
Man I cant sell anything in my area lol I only have 3 to sell this year.
Not even any nibbles hmm.
That's very puzzling. I happened to notice your ads a few days ago. Everything looked great and very reasonable prices! We're just 45 minutes apart and mine are typically gone in 3 -5 days with no negotiation. I'm sure yours will disappear with the first sighting of a snowflake.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
For you resellers.I have been getting top dollar since July. Almost all asking price with very little haggling. Dont see anything wrong with this because it will make up for LEAN times. As most of you know.It can be either feast or famine like any other endeavor.

I still give older Hondas away from time to time. They are one step away from the graveyard but usually I can repair enough to get thru a winter or 2. Would never try to sell these. Hey i gotta rep you :cool:know.
20200811_171753_resized.jpg

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
I still give older Hondas away from time to time. They are one step away from the graveyard but usually I can repair enough to get thru a winter or 2. Would never try to sell these. Hey i gotta rep you :cool:know.
You inspired me to do something similar with at least two winter project machines. I'm pretty much burned out refurbishing newer (5- 20 year old) machines so I'm looking forward to breathing life into a couple of old tanks. Stuff from the 1970's and 80's are nearly impossible to sell and might help out a family in need. I plan to ask our local law enforcement agency to suggest good candidates.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
You inspired me to do something similar with at least two winter project machines. I'm pretty much burned out refurbishing newer (5- 20 year old) machines so I'm looking forward to breathing life into a couple of old tanks. Stuff from the 1970's and 80's are nearly impossible to sell and might help out a family in need. I plan to ask our local law enforcement agency to suggest good candidates.
agree 1000%. it's very satisfying. here is a 624 that I gave to a young family. very much needed by them. I like rescuing old blowers , before owners take to the dump. the sad thing is , is that the local dump won't let me take snowblowers there. It's heart-breaking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
You're a good man orangputeh

Reactions: rod330

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
funny to me story. sold my Patriots honda saturday. guy had very little cash on hand for a deposit. was stressing that I "would sell iy out from under him" unless he went to the ATM and gave me another $400 to hold.

I kinda laughed and told him you just gave me a cash deposit to hold until Monday. I aint gonna sell it to some one else .

I will on Tuesday if he doesnt show with balance today. This boy wasnt born yesterday

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
Due to the mild winters the last several years, I have "excess inventory" for this year. I usually wait until there's snow on the ground before I put my ads up, but there's a few that I'd love to get rid of. One such unit was this little 2010 Yard Machines with the single speed transmission. Priced it to sell and sold it to the first guy who agreed to the full asking price.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Due to the mild winters the last several years, I have "excess inventory" for this year. I usually wait until there's snow on the ground before I put my ads up, but there's a few that I'd love to get rid of. One such unit was this little 2010 Yard Machines with the single speed transmission. Priced it to sell and sold it to the first guy who agreed to the full asking price.

View attachment 169663
just the threat of a big winter was driving sales this summer/fall

if i were you I'd list a lot more now at winter prices.you may be pleasantly surprised.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #516
I finally crossed the 2020 finish line! My 21st and last machine, was listed for sale today. I have 3 others posted and expect all 4 will be gone well before Thanksgiving. I'm burned out. I'm going to take a brief hiatus from snowblower work before I get my own machines ready for the season.
ariens926le.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
congrats rod. I'm there too. have 5 machines to work but havent spent 5 hours in garage in the last week.

btw. beautiful work on that machine.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think time is short for many of us, only 2 to fix and still unpacking so they just sit, both are already spoken for, one s friend is buying and the other a house warming gift to the young couple who purchased my old house.

Reactions: rod330

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
mucho moolah but project poor. bought about 700 dollars in parts. need to get more tools and a garage heater.
have 4 machines to put together and gotta get on it. around here in winter if it (doesnt) snow people stop looking.

it's the anticipation of snow which is driving sales.

once i sell these 4 , may go to Hawaii for the winter ( in my dreams )

501 - 520 of 561 Posts