Snowblower Forum banner

521 - 540 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
With most people being out already do we see a shortage in used machines this winter?

Higher prices than normal?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dauntae

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
i don't know if Facebook has changed market place recently but i am seeing a lot less snowblower for sale around me. only 3 showing up within 30km of me and 2 are expensive and 1 needs work and is older. it is quite possible that there is a lot less used snowblowers for sale this year. i know the last one i listed sold for full asking price in less than 24hours with lots of interested people. i guess i must have listed too cheap now that i am seeing the market place pretty empty of snowblowers.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Since the last two winters have been unusually mild in many areas of the U.S., most people believe their old snowblower is "just fine" because it wasn't used much. They'll be unpleasantly surprised at the first storm when it won't start with two year old gas in the tank. Repair shops will be backlogged even further and any remaining dealer stock will quickly evaporate. I suspect anybody that doesn't have a fully functional machine by early December isn't likely to have one for the season.
Naturally, I'm not hoping for this outcome because people need to get to their doctor, workplace, grocery store, etc. Let's hope 2020 doesn't end as badly as it started.

·
Super Moderator
748 Posts
around where i live the back up right now is 4 to 5 weeks, to get a OPE repaired,

see a doctor? don't have someone in your home need to be tested for covid, because of my wife needing to be tested after some one in her office came down with it, i had 3 doctors appointments canceled. OHH you have to lock your self down for 2 weeks we can't let you in the office , but she's neg. tough 14 days

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
With most people being out already do we see a shortage in used machines this winter?

Higher prices than normal?

yes on both counts. I get messagers almost daily from people asking if I have any more blowers for sale. when i say no they ask if I will put them on a list.

at the beginning of summer i thought i had too much inventory.

another thing driving sales near me are people fleeing the cities to come live in the less populated mountains. people with no or little snow experience.

the used prices have def. spiked.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not really here yet. Here is a pretty nice 926le for sale for $350 it's been for sale for like 2 weeks and not moved.

Hoping prices go higher once the snow comes

Reactions: orangputeh

·
Registered
787 Posts
Well we got a cold front blow through with a dusting of snow and I sold 2 of the 3 snowblowers I had for sale.

All I have now is my personal honda hs624( not for sale) and a little ariens pro path single stage.

Now I have lots of room in the garage.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #529
Well we got a cold front blow through with a dusting of snow and I sold 2 of the 3 snowblowers I had for sale.
Congratulations! I sold an Ariens Deluxe 30 today as well....just 3 remaining and lots of nibbles from that same dusting.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
people are calling me ( dont know how the heck they find my number ) and asking if i have any blowers. with caller ID have no idea who these people are.

sad thing....i have nothing ready.

·
Super Moderator
748 Posts
Not really here yet. Here is a pretty nice 926le for sale for $350 it's been for sale for like 2 weeks and not moved.

Hoping prices go higher once the snow comes

funny facebook showed 11 for sale near me all ariens . maybe a big car hauler trailer and a drive east would make a big bundle resold as is out west a few states

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hey, does anyone know what ever happened to the guy that had the warehouse of all the new old stock blowers in there crates, along with the new parts?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey, does anyone know what ever happened to the guy that had the warehouse of all the new old stock blowers in there crates, along with the new parts?
That was crazy never seen anything like it.... didnt he want a lot for each one?

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Have a ski resort that wants to sell me 7 Honda 928's since they are upgrading. since they are commercial machines I told them they are nothing but parts machines to me and they should sell them individually to the public if they want some money for them.

They told me they would rather sell the whole lot to me just to be done with it. I just said the price has to be right.I'm assuming that the buckets and augers are trashed.

Assuming that the bars have probably been welded a couple times, the tracks are probably trashed. bearings trashed, wheels trashed. engines tired and worn. The right side gearboxes are probably trashed or ready to let go. etc etc.

Probably going to pass but will be curious enough to inspect. I have to double or more my price for parts. Hardware, chutes, maybe gas tanks ( unless dented ) chuter control , light , cables? engine parts, hydros maybe but not too much demand for a hydro.

I'm sure they are thinking too high for each machine. People always think Hondas are worth a lot more than they are.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #539
I'm sure they are thinking too high for each machine. People always think Hondas are worth a lot more than they are.
Well, maybe you can build 2 or 3 good machines from the 7 and still have a few spare parts left over. If anybody could do it, it's you. Please keep us posted...it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
could always see what they want for them as a lot and see if it is even worth your time to go check them out. heck being a business they might even just sell them to you dirt cheap just to get them gone and not have to deal with any headache. i would guess they can write them off as a business expense or somethings

521 - 540 of 561 Posts