561 - 580 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
There's 3-5" forecasted on both Monday and Tuesday. I have one two-stage snow blower remaining to sell.
Buyer: I want to get your snow blower.
Me: Ok, when do you want to pick it up?
Buyer: Can you deliver?
Me: Sure for a small fee after you come over to inspect it and pay in advance
Buyer: Well, I don't want to pay for something before it snows in case we don't get very much snow again this year. Can't you just bring it if we get a lot of snow?
Me: Best wishes and adios

You just can't make this stuff up.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
There's 3-5" forecasted on both Monday and Tuesday. I have one two-stage snow blower remaining to sell.
Buyer: Well, I don't want to pay for something before it snows in case we don't get very much snow again this year. Can't you just bring it if we get a lot of snow?

what planet do some of these people live on? I had a guy that wanted one of my blowers and he wanted me to deliver it 40 miles ( sight unseen )

i told him he would have to inspect first IN PERSON, give me the cash and for an extra $100 I would deliver.

He said he didnt want to waste his time and just wanted the blower. To SWEETEN the deal he said he would give me $100 cash in case he didnt want the blower after I delivered it.

I asked him if he thought i was CRAZY? He didnt understand.

I love selling these blowers and then emailing idiots like this with a big fat SOLD.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts

If he changes his mind I would charge him an extra $100.

tell him aggravation tax.

·
Registered
612 Posts

That is amazing. Wow!

I think these people are so used to Amazon Prime and Uber Eats culture that they think that everyone else is running around catering to their needs so they have more time shopping online buying more stuff.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #567 ·
That is amazing. Wow!

I think these people are so used to Amazon Prime and Uber Eats culture that they think that everyone else is running around catering to their needs so they have more time shopping online buying more stuff.
I couldn't agree more. The pandemic and these services may have conditioned some people to lay on the couch with a smartphone expecting everything to be deposited at their front door. I wonder who they'd message to actually use the snowblower.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
That is amazing. Wow!

I couldn't agree more. The pandemic and these services may have conditioned some people to lay on the couch with a smartphone expecting everything to be deposited at their front door. I wonder who they'd message to actually use the snowblower.
you're not too far off the mark. last winter this guy offered me $100 to replace an impeller pin.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
That sounds about right. $5 for the impeller pin, $95 for knowing how to do it.
i didnt go do it. snowstorm raging at time and about 7 miles away. the risk to truck and my safety was in question. plus my conscience would not allow taking $100 for something so simple.

told him to knock on neighbors door and ask if they had any shears. 90% of the blowers around here are Honda's. guy told me he didnt know any of his neighbors.

told him , well, heres your chance.

never heard from him again.

man . messed up again. as you can see i'm a real people person:cool:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Not really here yet. Here is a pretty nice 926le for sale for $350 it's been for sale for like 2 weeks and not moved.

Hoping prices go higher once the snow comes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I really like this one. Two seasons covered!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
i would have a hard time taking $100 for a sheer pin also. i have done runs like that for repeat customers. had 1 out in the country with a broke shear pin during a snow storm. i barely got in their driveway with 4x4. i only charged them $30 and kind of felt bad doing that so i lubed up the electric start on their spare machine so they could fire it up since the pull start on it was broke at the time. i think the driveway was 3-400ft long. i really never understand how they do such a long driveway with a snowblower.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I think I broke a record for most snowblowers sold in one day. I can't believe how many people responded to my ads today. I'm in Long Island and we are projected to get our first major snowfall in 2 years.

·
Registered
798 Posts
well i am out of blowers sold my last one yesterday. just rocking my personal Hs624 for the foreseeable future. its been about 4 years since i only had 1 blower. :cry:

with 8 month old twins not much time for working on anything right now.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
I sold my very last snowblower on Black Friday. My reseller totals for 2020:
27 snow blowers
15 garden tractors / riding mowers
3 push mowers
I'm now completely burned out....it was fun and exhausting at the same time. My part-time volunteer job was cancelled due to Covid in March so I had a lot of free time and more demand than I've seen in the past two years combined. Never again! When the weather starts to warm up I'll refurbish 4 older project snowblowers for next year....maybe.

·
Premium Member
7,952 Posts
I think I broke a record for most snowblowers sold in one day. I can't believe how many people responded to my ads today. I'm in Long Island and we are projected to get our first major snowfall in 2 years.
It is a sellers market this season.I'm out also and could easily sell a dozen more at top dollar.

oh,well......it makes up for the lean times that we sometimes gothru. have plenty of moulah for buying projects but none out there. hopefully next spring/summer.

@rod330 has me interested in buying more Milwaukee cordless tools. I just bought the M12 1/2 ratchet which has already become indispensible. ( god ,i'm a horriblespellah )

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I sold my very last snowblower on Black Friday. My reseller totals for 2020:
27 snow blowers
15 garden tractors / riding mowers
3 push mowers
I'm now completely burned out....it was fun and exhausting at the same time. My part-time volunteer job was cancelled due to Covid in March so I had a lot of free time and more demand than I've seen in the past two years combined. Never again! When the weather starts to warm up I'll refurbish 4 older project snowblowers for next year....maybe.
Burned out myself. Had the best year ever, selling equipment. But dealing with the nut jobs have just burned me out. Taking a break from dealing with people.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thinking about getting these 3 yamaha blowers not too far from me.

I haven't messed with snowblower in a while because of new twins

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Of course you should get them. One for you, one for each twin.

Reactions: rod330
561 - 580 of 610 Posts