Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you resellers accept credit card payment via SquareUp or a similar service to appeal to a broader market or do you keep it simple with 'cash only'? I have sold in the past, and have for sale now, a high dollar item ($500.00+). I wonder if people buy new so they can use the store credit card, or any credit card for that matter. Would accepting a credit card payment make for a quicker sale? Does it give the buyer certain rights in the event it becomes damaged or fails using a credit card? This all came to mind when hitting a few garage sales this past summer and some of the hosts were accepting credit/debit cards! I thought it was a great idea as it is very easy to set up. I would love read your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i am cash only also. i wont even do the e transfer stuff unless i know the person and even then depends on the amount. for garage sales or bs like that might make things simpler but if you are selling enough on regular bases you may almost need to open a business and start claiming stuff like that as income and pay taxes and all the BS that goes with running a business. cash avoids all that stuff.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I don't know about the USA, but in Canada, a buyer can dispute a credit card purchase and the credit card company will reverse the payment to the vendor until the dispute is settled. That could be an way for scammers to rob you

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
You can do eBay local. I also think offer up does payments as well as Facebook. I think the common problems with payment services is fees and scammers.

If your selling a high dollar item at the right price people usually have no problem paying cash.

I have done eBay and had good luck with it in the past. You just have to post them at the right time.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'm retired and do little stuff to help people out. I prefer cash like was said earlier " no paper trail " But I will do etransfer if they are in a bind. I feel I paid enough income tax over the years and they still rob my pension by 30% I don't need the aggravation of filling for an HST number over coffee change.

·
Premium Member
4,803 Posts
Bring me the........

cash
loot
dead presidents
benji's
franklins
benjamins
greenbacks
bones
cabbage
dough
green stuff
moulah
smackers
samoleons
tamales
scratch
clams
paper
wad

hope you get the picture

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Bring me the........

cash
loot
dead presidents
benji's
franklins
benjamins
greenbacks
bones
cabbage
dough
green stuff
moulah
smackers
samoleons
tamales
scratch
clams
paper
wad

hope you get the picture
Some of those sound X-Rated.....:devil:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. Especially orangeputeh for making it crystal clear! (insert smiley face emoticon here). My main concern would be the possibility of a charge back from some spineless noob or scamming bum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts