Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting my 4th winter on my HSS1332ES. Not a single thing gone wrong since buying new.
I did the rejetting and has run without a hitch. Just a puff of smoke on the warmer days when starting.
Since our snow started falling in early November we've received over 8 feet of snow and we still have 4 months of snow. My hour clock is registering in at 120 hours. Just curious as to how many hours some of you users have racked up over 3 years.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Where I live in Maryland there are mild winters and I'd be surprised if I have more than 10 hours on my HSS928AWD in three years.

·
Premium Member
6,290 Posts
Just starting my 4th winter on my HSS1332ES. Not a single thing gone wrong since buying new.
I did the rejetting and has run without a hitch. Just a puff of smoke on the warmer days when starting.
Since our snow started falling in early November we've received over 8 feet of snow and we still have 4 months of snow. My hour clock is registering in at 120 hours. Just curious as to how many hours some of you users have racked up over 3 years.
did you change oil after break in period?

·
Banned
407 Posts
8 feet since November!!! That is an incredible number! Don't know where you are in Canada. I'm in Newfoundland, Avalon peninsula and have maybe 5 hours total on my Toro 826 for the last 3 years. Had the nut on the drive cable adjuster assembly snap off and had to replace the spark plug. I'm going to be more gentle on slamming down the "go handle" from now on as I think that caused the nut to snap off.
* Ahh.. I see you're in Goose Bay...didn't realize they got that much snow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, since I got my HSS1332, I've never got very big amount of snow since fall 2017. I decided to get the 1332 after the spring blizzard of march 2017 because since I moved in my new house, I was fed up of shoveling snow. From 2013 through 2017, we got big snow falls every winter and since fall 2017, not that much. I begin my 4th year of ownership and only got 20 hours and at least 8 of them were only running the engine idle, just to make it work a bit. So little amount of snow that last year I decided to pull the trigger on a new single phase HS720 last fall and it has been my go to machine for last season, only took the 1332 for hard or icy berms. I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE TO GET BIG SNOW STORMS...lol.. 😁

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I picked up my HSS1332ATD in March 2017. Just passed 33 hours... It used to take me the better part of 2 hours to do my property with my HS80, but the big dog does it in about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is my second winter with my HSS724.. purchased exactly 13 mounts ago.. 37 hours on the meter+ roughly 5 hours before the meter was installed.. 42-43 hours....

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Up to about 130 hrs now. We're 2 feet above snow amounts for our big record breaking year of 2018-19. Good thing we had a warm up over Christmas with rain. Pushed the snow down about 3 feet. We're still having a hard time seeing over the mounds. Just got another foot last night.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Up to about 130 hrs now. We're 2 feet above snow amounts for our big record breaking year of 2018-19. Good thing we had a warm up over Christmas with rain. Pushed the snow down about 3 feet. We're still having a hard time seeing over the mounds. Just got another foot last night.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No snow forecast for the rest of this week, at lease nothing worthy of getting the snowblower out for. I think I'm going to remove the Armor Skids and put the stock shoes back on. I like getting down to solid ground. The Armor Skids tent to ride up on denser snow.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might hit 140 hrs before too long. Got a 3 day storm coming tomorrow that should leave us with well over a foot more.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
The Armor Skids tent to ride up on denser snow.
I wonder if anyone has ever rigged up heaters to the skids so that they melt their way down to the asphalt?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Better then that, I worked with a guy that had a heated driveway. It was able to keep up with snow at the rate of 1" per hour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts