Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the plate cover over the carb (the plate cover with the primer bulb, "run/off" switch and plastid "key" insert on it) and noticed that one of the wires into the "run/off" switch was not connected. The problem is that there are two wires but four potential tabs to connect to. Two upper tabs(for the switch in the "run" position) and two lower tabs (for the "off" position). The one that was still connected was on the upper right tab -- any idea which tab of the remaining three I connect the other wire to? I tried Sno-Tek and they do not have the wiring diagram. FYI, I have a sno-tek 24, Tecumseh engine with manual and electric start. Of course, it wouldn't start for the blizzard (and laughs at me when I walk by it). I already cleaned the carb, changed the plug, gas (+treatment) etc,. and I really don't know if I disconnected this wire or if it was that way -- but it turns over regardless. Please help. Thanks. Tom H

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
:welcome: to the forum Tom H

I'm going to need a photo on that one. Maybe someone has one and can visualize what's in there.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Tom, if yours has the plastic kill key - as well as the choke and throttle lever close together - there should be 2 wires going to a ground - one from the throttle lever and one from the kill key. Either one of those will run the ignition to ground when the key is pulled or the throttle is put inot the lowest position. they have leads that run up to the ignition, and the 2 ground wires tie in with a screw just under the carb cover but you have to remove the carb cover a bit to get at it easy.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to send a picture -- but basically there are four tabs, two upper and two lower, on the back of the run/off switch. And two wires with connectors. One is still connected to the upper right tab but the other came off and each of the other three looks like a good candidate to reconnect the wire to. For what its worth, the tabs look like the plug-in portion of a car fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts