Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Nice … just keep an eye on it, as that is a lot of weight going up and down on that, even under normal driving.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have the steel version of that and I use it all the time to move equipment around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice … just keep an eye on it, as that is a lot of weight going up and down on that, even under normal driving.
it has a substantial steel sub-structure that connects to the receiver. has a 500 lb weight capacity. 8" side rails and tie downs. my blower only weighs 160 lbs.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Yep .Maxx.

I bought one of those this past summer. Yard sale find. It was new and they sold it to me for $125. I don't know how much they are new. Exact same carrier. I bought it mainly for my Troy Bilt Horse tiller for when I till gardens in the spring.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought one similar to that at harbour freight, mine has a 1 piece ramp.
Use it all winter long. Great for hauling 24” Wide blowers.You can load wider ones but the bucket has to be angled above the top of the gates.
Has worked great for years.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Very nice setup. You may want to bungee cord the gas can to keep it from sliding around or bouncing up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes, i will either bring the gas inside, or do that. also will be taking a couple of shovels.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
yes, i will either bring the gas inside, or do that. also will be taking a couple of shovels.
Sweet setup.

Question,.........if your getting maybe 17" of snow where are you going with it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sweet setup.

Question,.........if your getting maybe 17" of snow where are you going with it?
taking it out for a driving dry run tomorrow before the snow starts.. after finishing snow removal at home, there are several other locations to attend to. online forecast says 11-17 total, but maybe over a couple of days. i plan on using the blower for heavy storms, and esp. ones that come in overnight, when you wake up to 12". i like shoveling, but am open to some mechanical assistance.

thinking of attaching a couple of safety rods to the carrier.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
These are similar to what I used at night on the end of rail when I transported it over the road … can see it in any weather for any distance. I left them on flashing strobe.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
taking it out for a driving dry run tomorrow before the snow starts.. after finishing snow removal at home, there are several other locations to attend to. online forecast says 11-17 total, but maybe over a couple of days. i plan on using the blower for heavy storms, and esp. ones that come in overnight, when you wake up to 12". i like shoveling, but am open to some mechanical assistance.

thinking of attaching a couple of safety rods to the carrier.
Ha Ha ha OK when I wake up to 12" I like the blower.
Read my signature.:grin:

I even bought an electric shovel last year for the porches. Only used it once last year on my front porch, it sure beats shoveling.
It is like a mini snow thrower. A OK.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
@rwh,

Nice setup …. good wheel chock … shovel and xtra shear pins, your all set.

I am fortunate to have an aluminum trailer I bought years ago ….
i thought about a trailer, but didn't want the storage and costs associated with them. this carrier can be stored pretty easily, and hooked up quickly. my 4runner can carry lots inside, and uhaul trailers can be as little as $15 for 24 hr rentals.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
@rwh,

I totally agree , that is great for what you are using it for. Low to the ground like my trailer, and you even have the fold down ramps as well.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok. I'm jealous. I love it. Both your setup and the gentleman's trailer set-up mentioned above. I'm picking mine up this week and will be renting a trailer. I'd love a set-up like that for my Ford Expedition. Congrat's!!! Looks great. I'm certain your "back" is going to appreciate that Ariens. 😁😁😁

1 - 20 of 20 Posts