Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I generally agree, but note that the LCT doesn't have a throttle. It runs at full speed all the time, which is not a great "feature" IMHO.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I generally agree, but note that the LCT doesn't have a throttle. It runs at full speed all the time, which is not a great "feature" IMHO.
Not so true, my 414cc LCT was $270 ish shipped and has throttle.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Reactions: Dauntae

·
Registered
455 Posts
I dont know about the price, but: Brand Name SHZICMY

yeah, I'll definately pass.

Scot
I like the Chinese buffet Chonda qoute!!!
Chinese buffet, not a competition!!!:surprise:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
There must be multiple variants of that engine, or maybe it changed over time. When I bought the same engine a couple of years ago it did not come with a throttle.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Problem, existing engines of this size have a 1" crankshaft. This LCT has a 3/4" crank so depending on your existing motor, the crank pulleys may need to be replaced. Still cheap if you need a large dependable engine.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Problem, existing engines of this size have a 1" crankshaft. This LCT has a 3/4" crank so depending on your existing motor, the crank pulleys may need to be replaced. Still cheap if you need a large dependable engine.
I’ve seen both 3/4 and the 1” sell on eBay for this price but the 1” variant is rare to be at this price but they do sell both, seen a 1” when at work and by the time I got home to order it they were sold out, searched for a week or two and got the 3/4 and a shaft adapter so the pulleys on my 924 series will fit.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
25cc shaft is a bummer. I bought a few 208 cc Chondas with the 25cc shaft ($79 delivered) and pulleys are non existant for it, unless you go with a pulley set up from MTD. I shimmed a 1 inch pulley to fit and worked well, but I don't like McGivering as a rule...

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
25cc shaft is a bummer. I bought a few 208 cc Chondas with the 25cc shaft ($79 delivered) and pulleys are non existant for it, unless you go with a pulley set up from MTD. I shimmed a 1 inch pulley to fit and worked well, but I don't like McGivering as a rule...
ya, i was gonna ask where you get pulley shafts for HF predators for a Honda application.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Cran I thought 25mm was 1 inch..... So slightly smaller????

Ahhh just read tabora's.....just off 1".

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I know on the smaller 208cc lct and similar in size as the Briggs ohv share the same bolt pattern. I have done a clean swap on those.

In the past I have tried a flat head Tecumseh for a Briggs and it was different. Had to drill new holes. So most likely not the same bolt pattern. I believe Tecumseh uses the same bolt pattern in 8-13hp both flat head and ohv. Hopefully someone else can chime in to confirm.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts