Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
nice machine, You have a large driveway to clear?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Looks like a good deal if it runs good .... should clean and wax up like new.... :)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
its worth 700 to 800 nice machine
it weighs 350 lbs plus
hard to turn its a young mans machine
believe that has a 342 briggs not alot of power for a 36
pros
bat start
chute controls
16 inch rakes
decent light not obstructed
heated grips
xtracs
cons
small motor
no steering
that said i had the 32 with the 358cc still was small for a 32
i put and impeller kit on it 3800 rpm 50 foot throws unstopable
good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a very long paved driveway, 2 car lengths wide and 3 car garage and I do my neighbors as well which is shared with mine.. Previous owner said it was used in 2008 only for two back to back week snow events called Snowmageddon. I have a 27” Deluxe it’s been very reliable but for the price and condition. I couldn’t resist when I saw it on FB Marketplace..I plan on giving it a full tuneup and wash and paste wax soon

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Do a Search under my name for my "Snowblower Checklist".

Reactions: Eyeboltman

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congratulations on a workhorse of a machine. I just got done doing a HF tune up on our 1336. It is now a 1636. Also did the homemade impeller mod, I used a semi truck mud flap & 5 stainless steel bolts & hardware on each impeller blade. There is no space now between impeller blades and housing.

I used the Harbor Freight 459 cc engine. No regrets. Feels way more stout than the Tecumseh 13 hp it replaced. They are fantastic machines.

Mine always steered very hard, right from the factory. I took the automatic differential apart. It looked way too complicated for me so I filled up the housing with gear oil, hoping that the gear oil would soften up the old dry-ish grease that was in there. It is 100% easier to steer now. Seems way better than new. I am sure that it was not designed for gear oil, but nothing has leaked out yet. There were so many little parts inside, I just thought that was the simplest way to go about it, without getting in over my head. Should have done it years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts