Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Yes, some of us do. The point, I was making is, Lawn Care is a booming bussness, for a reason.
People are lazy. We do our own lawn, snow blowing, leaf raking, dock installation/removal, etc at the age of 66. All spring and fall I hear people complain about having to wait for the pros to come install/remove their docks. I have a pretty extensive system and it only takes me a few hours if I'm working alone, and much less with a helper or two.
Water Sky Cloud Azure Flag

·
Registered
299 Posts
we have a 2 piece dock: a large area for boat docking and a smaller one for going from our concrete small dock to the large one, we use our atv winch to pull the long and narrow piece out of the water. we have to be 2. one for operating the winch, the other one to put rollers under the dock to not scrap the wood surface. and yes, people are extremely lazy not doing any maintenance. last year, I had someone give me a very hard to start(quoted by po) yardwork mowerf that was fwd(2017) I came home and gave it 2 pull, it started but ran like crap. I removed the air filter cover and what do I see? a fully plugged air filter with dirt in it. I cleaned the air filter and put a missing bolt on the handle. didn,t spend a penny on it and sold it for 170$. This could have been avoided by the po if he did regular maintenance

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Your average homeowner does not perform maintenance, that is good for us, as we get their units when they discard them and go buy a new one ... :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
People are lazy. We do our own lawn, snow blowing, leaf raking, dock installation/removal, etc at the age of 66. All spring and fall I hear people complain about having to wait for the pros to come install/remove their docks. I have a pretty extensive system and it only takes me a few hours if I'm working alone, and much less with a helper or two.
God has given you the strength at age 66.
Sounds like a good Thanksgiving to me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
my quick comment
my niece's husband made the comment that he tries to do/repair something once at his house.. then calls me.. good for him to recognize his limits, however, he's starting to learn how to do a few things and now realizes how important doing stuff yourself is - his family is probably $10k ahead since I show up and now he's learning how to do things
Happy Thanksgiving again -time to get off this and ready to do family stuff

21 - 32 of 32 Posts